Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Renew membership to Appliantology

Vince Neibert

Will Appliantology notify me when it’s time to renew, or do I just do it anytime for another year? Yeah, you heard me right. You guys are stuck with me for the foreseeable future! I’ll keep on saying it-best money I ever spent. I don’t want to even think about not having this resource.

• Like 2

• Team Samurai

Domo for that ringing endorsement, Brother @Vince Neibert! We aim to make Appliantology an indispensable tool for professional techs at a  killa deal. 

The software will automatically notify you when your renewal is coming up, I think 2 weeks ahead of expiration. @Son of Samurai - please confirm. 

If your credit card is on file, you’ll still get a notice and it will automatically renew without having to do anything. Otherwise, just follow the link in the renewal email and renew. 

If your credit card is stored on file, just know that we do not store it here at Appliantology— that’s all kept by Stripe, the payment processor. Stripe is state of the art, way ahead of Paypal in security and an Apple Pay partner so no worries about security.  

You can also renew for multiple years, if you like, so you don’t have to think about it for a while. 

• Team Samurai
1 hour ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

The software will automatically notify you when your renewal is coming up, I think 2 weeks ahead of expiration. @Son of Samurai - please confirm. 

That's correct. The software automatically sends out a renewal invoice 2 weeks before your membership expires.

For those of you that pay for the membership  what are you getting, and is it worth it. 

I have the free tech version and i find this site very  helpful, and i help here a lot too. I have considered upgradeing, but it seems a lot  for just faster download speeds.

Ps. i believe i would have to pay myself my company likely wont.

Did not know there was a Free Membership. 

Doesn't matter.  I don't mind paying for something that is useful and beneficial.  Getting good advice once usually pays for the yearly membership.

Don't know what the download speed is but if I am at a job site and need info, I want it now.

Can't hurt to bring it up to your company.  I would want my techs to have access if I had any. 

• Like 1

• Team Samurai
15 hours ago, LearningTech said:

For those of you that pay for the membership  what are you getting, and is it worth it. 

I have the free tech version and i find this site very  helpful, and i help here a lot too. I have considered upgradeing, but it seems a lot  for just faster download speeds.

A great question! The intent behind the free tech membership is to give technicians a chance to see for themselves what Appliantology is all about. If they like what they see, they can purchase a Professional Appliantologist membership to get full access to the site. Or, they can even earn a premium membership without paying a dime just by helping out around the site -- that's what our Senior Appliantology Fellowship program is all about. The free tech membership is also great for students who are working towards an Alumnus membership by taking the Fundamentals of Appliance Repair course over at Master Samurai Tech.

That's why we offer the free membership -- to give people a taste of our awesome community. But why upgrade to a premium membership?

Simple: it's the most effective way to use the site as a professional tech. In a real-life situation where you need technical info for a service call, you don't have the time to wait for your docs to download at restricted speed, one at a time. Only a premium membership will get you the what you need as quickly as possible, with the ability to download multiple files at once, as quickly as our server can give them to you (which is pretty damn fast).

But unrestricted download speeds isn't the only thing a premium membership gives you. You may also request tech literature in the Service Manual Requests forum -- a key feature of the site. Is the manual for your model not in the Downloads section already? Just post a topic in the Manual Requests forum, and one of the many helpful techs around the site will find it and upload it to Appliantology for you. Through this forum, you have access to virtually all technical info on the web.

On top of that, we've created 40+ hours of unique, in-depth video content on a variety of technical topics, all of which are only viewable by premium members. If you're serious about improving yourself as a technician and expanding your knowledge toolbox, then our webinar recordings and Video Classroom will prove invaluable to you.

A premium membership is so much more than increased download speed. It's the full power of Appliantology at your fingertips when you need it. 

• Like 4

PlugNickel is right. Help on one job is worth the price of admission, and i’ve had help on a lot of jobs! Not to mention the good advice. I’m still like a kid with a new toy with my steam cleaner. I actually enjoy defrost jobs these days! 

• Like 1

Priceless.

I wouldn't be half the Tech I am without the help from everyone on here- past and present.

The transformation that this site has taken since I joined in 2005 is amazing!

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that we all appreciate the time, effort, hair pulling and moolah that it takes to run a world class website like this.

Keep up the Great Work Team Samurai!

You are Truly Appreciated!

• Like 5

• Team Samurai

Mucho domos, @Adirondack Bob

I’m moving this topic to the Site Orientation forum because it has lots of good info for people about Appliantology membership.