Jump to content
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Sign in to follow this  

DE410 Cherry push to start switch substitution ? (2nd try for relevant answer)

Recommended Posts


I asked this question 2-3 days ago and the person that answered totally ignored my question (now bolded at the bottom of the entry) AND, to add insult to injury, diagnosed my machine without any knowledge of its symptoms or why I believe a part is bad.

So I am asking my question again to get it back on the zero replies list where someone else will see it:

Caveat: I can turn a screwdriver. My understanding of electricity is almost nonexistent.

I have a maytag DE410 dryer. I believe the push to start switch is bad. Apparently the 350211 part is no longer available. eBay Maytag NOS listings were a bit under $50.

I took the part to a local appliance parts store. They said it was not bad and would not discuss replacement options with me.

I ordered an old appliance take out from an eBay seller which I should have in another day or two. In the event that also turns out to be bad, I need to improve my situation understanding so I can continue working with an effective repair.

The 350211 switch I have (and the ebay listings) show CHerry  E65-06D 16 amp. A 2 terminal snap into a mounting plate switch. It has a square button to fit the square hole on the dryer console.

There are also listings for a Cherry limit switch and Cherry dryer door switches which just have a small round push button. They are also 2 terminal 16 amp E65-*** snap into a mounting plate switches.

Can I substitute a Cherry E65-*** 16 amp door switch for a Cherry E65-*** 16 amp push to start switch on a DE410 dryer?

Thank you.

(or a newly added question, can I substitute a more readily available 306533 switch?)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.