Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Sign in to follow this  
cholmes28

PFCS1RKZHSS - testing compressor and inverter

cholmes28

I followed your video (which was excellent!), and when I was testing the windings on the compressor, my readings jumped around a lot, but finally settled on 6.4 or 6.3.  I did not have alligator clips, so maybe that was the issue, but do you think it is safe to assume the compressor is fine?  I already tested the J15 connector on the motherboard and it is good.  I am just trying to avoid buying the inverter board, and having that not be the issue.  Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

Buy it from appliancepartspros.com and you can return if not needed. 

cholmes28
2 hours ago, 16345Ed said:

Buy it from appliancepartspros.com and you can return if not needed. 

If I buy it there, I can return the inverter, even if I install it and it doesn’t fix problem??  I thought the parts had to be new and unopened to return. 

16345Ed
2 minutes ago, cholmes28 said:

If I buy it there, I can return the inverter, even if I install it and it doesn’t fix problem??  I thought the parts had to be new and unopened to return. 

E982EE62-3DDA-40AC-8F03-25DC66ED8A65.png

cholmes28

Thanks.  I tested voltage going to the inverter, and got 122, so I am now pretty certain it is the inverter.  Just ordered one from appliancepartspro, and it will be here tomorrow.  Hopefully it solves the issue.  

16345Ed

Is the board sending proper VDC to inverter as well on the communication lines?

LI-NY Tech

If inverter is receiving ~120VAC and 3-12VDC but compressor isn’t running it’s a 99% chance the inverter is faulty. 

The only other practical test is measuring the resistance of the compressor windings. On that compressor the resistance between any two terminals should be the same or very close.