LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fisher Paykel DD605 Experts Needed

roryrhodes

I have a problem with a FP DD605. The lower unit isn't draining. Motor Housing and Hoses are clear. Motor Rotor got loud, and eventually lost the plastic coating, scarring the inside of the housing. I bought a new one, the updated P/N, and while the rotor fits, it is different. The motor spins are high speed. The bottom of the motor is flat, whereas the original ones were "ramped". See pictures. Motor runs, but doesn't pull water out of the tub. 

Heating elements have been replaced several years back. 

No error codes, motor has been tested using the Hardware Output method. (P2) 

So my question, could the scarring of the motor housing, while minimal (see pictures) disrupt the new motor pumping action or is there something else that I am missing? Are the new motor housings made different? 

Tomorrow I will swap motors again, between the tubs and see if it makes a difference. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• roryrhodes

• J5*

• Luke Miller

The new pump is for a 603 not a 605 

thats why you have issues 

603pump

524185p

605 pump

524285p

you will notice the plastic ramp difference

on the 603 it was part of the motor housing and would get damaged so on 605 they moved it to be part of the rotor 

Which btw there is prob a blockage in the drain hose , common where the drain hose exits the cabinet as there’s is a sharp bend 

often  plastic from the  plate racks that snaps off 

pull the hose back through the cabinet and straighten it and blow from the end back and get the blockage to blow out 

J5* Thanks. 

The new pump was marked as a 524285P. Probably a consumer switcheroo and return - send back. I'll order direct from Paykel. 

I blew out the hoses, didn't see anything come out, I may need to completley pull. I suspected plastic from the damaged rotor casing but didn't see it come out of thehose or housing. I'll take another look. 

There is a sandy looking darker grit in the tub. No much, but it's there. You can see it in this picture. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgq3odnkyi1elda/IMG_0023.jpeg?dl=0

I appreciate the help. Very simple system, works well when it works. 

The grit is generally detergent residue , you see it a lot if people use the eco cycles as it’s not hot enough

when the rotor delaminates badly like that and damages the housing it can cut a hole though and you get water leaks 

any time you see one of these units it’s prudent to check the rotors for any damage of the impeller and delamination of the plastic 

All is fixed and well. You were correct, the hose had chips of plastic in it, presumably at the bend. The correct part from FP was correct. Thank you again for your help. Rory 

• 3 years later...