Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Microwave

Jleonard280

My GE microwave model #JES1451 quit turning and heating today. The display is on and starts to count down when you hit the start button, but the spinner plate don't turn nor do you hear the humming sounds usually associated with the microwave functioning properly. I don't think it's the door sensor because it starts the cycle on the display panel. Please advise me 

Just now, Jleonard280 said:

My GE microwave model #JES1451 quit turning and heating today. The display is on and starts to count down when you hit the start button, but the spinner plate don't turn nor do you hear the humming sounds usually associated with the microwave functioning properly. I don't think it's the door sensor because it starts the cycle on the display panel. Please advise me 

Faulty door switches can cause no heat, but the display to act as though it's running.

There are a series of door switches (usually 3), all with a different role. Typically one tells the display when the door is closed, and 2 carry power to the High Voltage Circuit, cooling fan, cavity light and turntable.

• Like 1

+1 on the door switch. The reason you still get the light is that there are 3 like has been said.

Likely the primary interlock switch. ( usually middle or bottom) 

you have to be able to UNPLUG disassemble  and test continuity through the switches, to make sure they close, and to make sure they open. 

If any of this is unfamiliar calla professional to diagnose and repair. 

On 11/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, Jleonard280 said:

Replace all the micro switches in the  cabinet that come in contact with your door latch when it closes . Not expensive and an easy fix.  Remove your control panel and They will all be located in a bracket to the left where the door latch hooks go into the cabinet when the door is closed. One of your switches are bad but replace them all.   You should be good to go after that

• 1 month later...

you can as well check the board relays. As the LG microwave i fixed last month was from a faulty relay. i initially thought it was the door switches, i changed almost all but still the same issue. check and test the relays

On 11/18/2018 at 6:42 PM, LearningTech said:

Likely the primary interlock switch. ( usually middle or bottom) 

Bottom switch has those items in common...