Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest gasolinemoth@yahoo.com

Kenmore Dryer

5 posts in this topic

Okay I've read the section on changing the electrical cord and it was most helpful. However it didn't quite answer the question that I have. On my Kenmore there is a green wire with a yellow stripe that is already running to the dryer case/screw. When I add the new 4 prong cord I have to run the green ground wire to this same case/screw.... so what to I do with the green wire with the yellow stripe thats already there?? I've heard that I may need to run it to the center silver tab with the white wire, is this correct?

THANKS!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm fairly certain that its a series 70. Can't check at the moment as I am at the office.

You can either remove the original ground wire from the dryer case and terminal block or just loop it back onto itself on the center post to secure it out of the way incase you need to convert the dryer back to the 3 prong cord if you move and will not lose it that way.  Pegi

So can the Green/yellow wire just be cut and tucked away. Next time I move I am going to byu a new dryer

Sure, if you know no one will need it in the future....