LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool Cabrio Model # WTW6200VW0

armyjim

Got a good one here...

I was given a Whirlpool Cabrio washer. The gent who gave it to me said that it didn't complete the cycle. So, I plugged it in, and it didn't do anything! No power, no lights, nothing! So, I took the head apart, ensured that all connections were good, managed to get it back together, and up came the power! But, we're back to the original problem. I started it up, and set it to run the shortest cycle. After getting a LF code (due to the drain hose being on the ground and draining out the water in the tub), the machine continued to fill. Once it filled, the time dropped from approximately 26 minutes to 4, drained all water out, and gave me a oL code (overload, which is pretty tough to do, since there was nothing but water in the tub). I did some snooping around and found a repair manual for a WTW6200S, which I believe is ok. But, I don't see anything to point me in the right direction. 

Any Ideas?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Motorcity Master

• LearningTech

• armyjim

• CLOWNmfer

Ol is inded overload, but it does nto mean your overloading the unit.

It means the motor is OVER a normal power LOAD. This can be a sock in between the tubs or a motor or bearing issue.

bearing issues are common on these

Motorcity Master

Check for obstructions between the basket & tub. Then check to make sure the basket freely slides up & down the shaft (or let it fill to see if it floats). Then put it in spin or spin it by hand. If you hear the dreaded grind then you've got a bad bearing/seal. Any of the above are normal causes of the ol error. 

OK...checked for obstructions. None found. Went through the automatic testing. Got to C5 (Agitate for 15 seconds), and no agitate. Manual say go to manual Motor test. So, I go to it. Motor will spin, but not agitate. Manual says go to Troubleshooting test #3.

8 hours ago, armyjim said:

OK...checked for obstructions. None found. Went through the automatic testing. Got to C5 (Agitate for 15 seconds), and no agitate. Manual say go to manual Motor test. So, I go to it. Motor will spin, but not agitate. Manual says go to Troubleshooting test #3.

no movenet noises or attempt at movemnt?

this unit floats the tub to agitate and the control moves the basket to determind if the outer edges of the tub have dissenguaged fron the hub in the center

is it floating?

lift tub and it should move up and down seperate from the center hub/dasher/washplate. 

Just a thought, but did you (I always check here first because the next step is harder and takes time...) check your drive hub underneath the washplate?