Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG Steam Dryer DLEX3001W won't start

Joe_Fire

Dryer has been operating normally .other than the dial would sometimes need to spin further than you need for settings.(spin it a few times to move one setting over) Today suddenly will not power on. If the door opens the light comes on. Cycled the power a few times, nothing. Could it be the power on switch or the whole Main control board. Like my same vintage washer needed

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe_Fire

• john63

• 16345Ed

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update .Apparently it did power up briefly but when my wife hit the start button it powered off. (or something like that she doesn't remember).

I did pull the control panel off and check  for loose or broken connections. The two push button micro switches seem to function. The covers engage the switch. Vacuumed the lint out but it's still not responding to inputs. 

The Thermal Fuse wouldn't  kill the whole control board would it? I definitely still  have power to the board though ?

Was trying to determine if belt broke. 

Some have belt switches that cut power when belt breaks. 

Could be thermal cut out. LG’s usually have resettable fuse on heater can. 

10 hours ago, Joe_Fire said:

Dryer has been operating normally .other than the dial would sometimes need to spin further than you need for settings.(spin it a few times to move one setting over) 

Not normal...indicates a faulty Display Board.

Main Board...EBR36858811

Display Board...EBR50559401

If the Main Board shows damage...replace the Main Board.

If the wire and/or plug is burnt/damaged...that can be repaired...and the dryer function can be tested to verify all is well.

If not...replace the Main Board.

There is still a *possibility* that you'll need to replace the Display Board as well...since the jog dial requires repeated rotations to select the desired cycle.

Focus on the Main Board first.

You can confirm whether the Display Board is needed...after resolving the M/B issue.

Looks just like this guy's board. Did the same fix and it works. I know, Probably not a good long term solution, but it'll do until the part becomes available. Clearly LG has a problem with that board though. 

7 minutes ago, john63 said:

Main Board...EBR36858811

Display Board...EBR50559401

Thanks for that info. I didn't notice  both parts listed. Kind of Spendy for those two?

I was at Lowes last night and they basically the same  dryer with a scratch  DLE3170 for $300....?

58 minutes ago, Joe_Fire said:

I was at Lowes last night and they basically the same  dryer with a scratch  DLE3170 for $300....?

I'd get it:)

Not promoting pack rat behavior but...can keep the original dryer for spare parts.

Same motor...belt...pulley...thermal fuses...etc