LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

My Post doubles....

Gags730

When I type a post or a reply and hit Submit, the page reloads and my post is shown 2x.  

I am not hitting the button twice and was wondering if this is something only I am seeing or it actually posts 2x.

It is not happening all the time.  Here is the last post I did and it happened,   CLICK HERE

Any ideas???

Thank you

Edited by Gags730
added link

LOL....  This time it did not do it here... however my above post, if you follow the link it posted 3X in a row and they are all 1 minute apart.  Crazy...  I only hit Submit 1x and it takes a while to reload with my comment, not sure if that is part of it.  

Thanks

• Team Samurai

Welcome to Appliantology, Brother @Gags730!

You’re probably dialing in just the right touch. FWIW, most of the time when I’m on this site doing stuff, I’m on my phone. The site 110% mobile friendly. 

FYI- I moved this topic to the Site Orientation forum because it’s potentially good info for other eyeballs to see. 

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Typos

Ok great, I apologize about putting it in the incorrect section.  I believe this issue may actually be ME...kinda...  Hope the wife didn't hear that last sentence  LOL... Anyway, something is going on with Google and my Internet over here.  Any site that is tied to Google, and that is a lot, I am having issues with at the moment.  Very slow loading times, and having issues with google apps that I have.  For example when you visit a site on the bottom left of the browser it shows what loads....  It is hanging on Google related items, I had to sign into my Gmail 5x today before it went in and another app I use took 45 minutes. 

I thought it was my connection, but ping, speed tests, and other sites that have no Google affiliation at all load very fast.  Your site is using Google, it loads a font link and Google ads.  It is the strangest thing.  My Chrome Browser was updated today, by force, when I went to look at the version right then it started the new download and update, and it has actually helped.  I saw a few other posts about this issue so I hope it will be resolved soon.  Others have stated that it has been going on just a few days, and that is what I noticed as well.  Funny , I just saw the CEO of Google in Congress getting ripped apart about everything, and just like that a few days later I have issues...haha I  highly doubt it but its worth a laugh... My PC  also had a Windows update 2 days ago.  Ill check later I have 3 PCs  and I will see whats up.

By the way once again I want to extend how grateful I am to be a part of the Forum.  I have been a regular member for a long time and I can truly tell you that the advancements, overall concept and design now is just phenomenal.   I remember the site from way back when, and you have outdone yourself with this forum.  I liked it back then, the only comparison I can make would be the site now is like Windows 10   and the old one was Windows 3.1.  Both versions are great, but you can’t go back after the new version. Also just reading thru some of the postings some of these guys are just top notch in their knowledge, and they share it in a clear concise manor.  I wish I could have rounded all these guys up years ago when I needed tech support with everything!   They would probably tell me what parts to bring on every call and I would be home by noon !    

Hey is there a way to delete those posts or just leave them...  I mean I  join the site and Im causing all this mayhem, triple posts, posting in the wrong forums LOL Asking all sorts of questions....  Dont kick me off for another few days  LOL...  ?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• Team Samurai
31 minutes ago, Gags730 said:

By the way once again I want to extend how grateful I am to be a part of the Forum.  

We’re always happy to welcome techs who like to learn and also help others. When you help a tech with a problem in the forums here, you’re actually helping many other techs who are reading the topic as well as yourself. If you’re going to explain something, you have to really known it yourself. Sometimes that means learning on the fly like sketching out a schematic or reading the spec table or service manual. When you do this, you actually practice and sharpen your own troubleshooting skills. 

41 minutes ago, Gags730 said:

They would probably tell me what parts to bring on every call and I would be home by noon !    

Prediagnosis is one of the big things we preach here. Can make a huge difference in your First Call Complete rate. Load the tech sheets for all your jobs the next day onto your iPad and wargame the schematics against the problem descriptions. Review and bookmark disassembly instructions in the service manual.  Walk into the service call with a game plan already in mind. The service call starts BEFORE you pull in the driveway.  

• Team Samurai
43 minutes ago, Gags730 said:

Hey is there a way to delete those posts or just leave them...  I mean I  join the site and Im causing all this mayhem, triple posts, posting in the wrong forums LOL Asking all sorts of questions....  Dont kick me off for another few days  LOL...  ?

Don't worry about a thing, brother Gags --  everyone takes a little time to get used to the site. Team Samurai is more than capable of taking care of all the housekeeping. We're just glad that you want to contribute to the community!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Prediagnosis is one of the big things we preach here.

This is something I do to this day even if I believe its something  like aviator dogs when I get the call.  I literally take the complaint, and I run everything over in my head, and prepare myself for the issue.  You can not stress that point enough especially when they are newer techs, you can give them good habits.

I prepare for every call and teach that as well.  When I trained guys on the road they would ask so what part do you think is broken or what will need.   I would stop them right there and explain remember it's not what is wrong with the unit that is really your concern, it is knowing what parts are good.  You get there by a process of elimination, and by being very repetitive in  the troubleshooting process.  That was  the easiest way to get them thinking and avoid creating a part changer tech. 

1 hour ago, Gags730 said:

it's not what is wrong with the unit that is really your concern, it is knowing what parts are good.

I like that way of thinking- another angle.

• Thanks 1