LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag dishwasher blowing fuse

smcgrath67

I can get the model number later today...

I'm cosidering the Master Samurai Tech course bundle, but I'm frustrated that I can't figure out this problem with my dishwasher.  The thermal fuse on the control board failed, and I replaced it.  It failed again on first use, toward the end of the wash (not sure exactly what cycle it was in).  I pulled the schematic and checked the heater...and found it's within spec for resistance.  Thoughts?  I'm a beginner and very interested in pursuing a second career in appliance repair.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smcgrath67

• Budget Appliance Repair

• john63

• Gags730

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this a thermal fuse that came with a wiring harness in the kit and by any chance did you just replace the fuse and not the harness.

No instructions come with newer packaged Whirlpool/Maytag parts, you have to go to the web site that is printed on the plastic package the part came in and enter the part number of the part to get the instruction sheets now.

You have to replace the wiring and the fuse, if you don't you will have continuing problems.

18 hours ago, smcgrath67 said:

I'm considering the Master Samurai Tech course bundle

I suggest that you do.  The best investment in the world is you and knowledge is the best tool in any toolbox.  Think about it this way, if add up all the time that you spent on calls  where you had an issue or did not know how to troubleshoot it proficiently , and put it into training and educating yourself about them your day would go way easier.  There is a lot to know these days, the machines have become more complicated and require a better understanding of the operation than ever before.  You are on the right track you found this site.  Some of these guys will blow your mind with how much they know, in addition to training, you have them as well.

Thank you, Willie.  I did follow the instructions and installed the new wires that came with the fuse ( I didn't do that the first time).  So the fuse blows somewhere toward the end of the wash, as the dishes are pretty clean, but with a good amount of water left in the tub.  As I said, I'm very much a beginner in this.  Any suggestions on other parts to check resistance of?  I did pull the schematic but I'm not well versed in reading them yet.

Gags730,  I'm not a tech at this time.  It is something I'm considering, as I'll be wrapping up my current law enforcement career in about a year.  I was recently inspired to look into appliance repair after my local appliance repair guy came to my house (for the dishwasher) and I realized pretty quick that he's just a parts changer.  Also, he's the only game in town and he claims to be extremely busy.  Clearly there's a need for another tech in town.  I like the look of the Master Samurai Tech program, but I'm a bit concerned about the hands-on aspect of the job, if I don't have experience there.  Thanks for your input, I'm probably going to start the course after the holidays.

Sean.

22 hours ago, smcgrath67 said:

I can get the model number later today...

I'm cosidering the Master Samurai Tech course bundle, but I'm frustrated that I can't figure out this problem with my dishwasher.  The thermal fuse on the control board failed, and I replaced it.  It failed again on first use, toward the end of the wash (not sure exactly what cycle it was in).  I pulled the schematic and checked the heater...and found it's within spec for resistance.  Thoughts?  I'm a beginner and very interested in pursuing a second career in appliance repair.

A fault/failure that is not uncommon.

If you post the Model/Serial numbers...one the techs on this forum will likely provide a service bulletin that addresses this problem.