LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

warm freezer-cold frig Whirlpool GB2SHDXTQ01

DIYPumpkin

Whirlpool Refrigerator Model GB2SHDXTQ01  -  The freezer is on the bottom and stopped freezing, everything thawed.

The refrigerator is still cold, just not as cold as normal. I've searched online, but everyone seems to have the opposite problem.

Both door gaskets are good. Went ahead and removed everything out of both fridge and freezer last night to make sure nothing was blocking any air flow. Checked underneath with flashlight and a long skinny brush (which I use monthly to clean the coils.) It's against one kitchen cabinet, but the other side is open to the room. Will pull it out later tonight to pull the back off if I can. Any suggestions on what to check for? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16345Ed

• TurtleRock

• DIYPumpkin

Top Posters In This Topic

Two options:

disassemble freezer take evaporator cover off and check frost pattern on evaporator should be evenly frosted in light layer of frost  

or 

take temperature of condenser with infrared temperature gun  

report back results