LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

WJSR4160daww Transmission

bubba153

Hi

Washer has stopped spinning  Agitator is working fine. Water pumps out.  I can hear some clicks in the timer that it wants to start but nothing. The drum doesn't spin so I am thinking its the lower brake bearing connected to the transmission.  In the next few days I will tear down the unit to confirm my theory

I understand that the transmission assembly is all one unit and not serviceable so its a complete transmission replacement.   I have replaced these before last time about 2 years ago. The cost of the transmission assembly was $199 from repair clinic when I checked now the price is $440     Does any know the reason for the big increase?     I understand that I can replace the unit for that price and most likely will . 

If anyone knows the reason for the price increase I would like to know

I live in the Caribbean so a 500 appliance in Miami becomes a $1300 appliance when it reaches the island .

Its appears that more & more manufacturers are making units with un serviceable parts or high costs of parts that replacing is the way to go .  

Happy New Year

The price of metal is way up , but more of the real reason is the company’s want you to buy a new washer so they make it impractical to fix old ones.   Be sure you have a bad transmission, if I read your symptoms right it may be something else

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.   Sad but it the way the world is going . Why fix it when a new one is less.     I will say that before it stopped spinning all together  it was sounding like a jet engine roar during the spin. Once I take it apart I be able to see if the transmission spins freely

yep , it's the transmission /bearing then.   trible's appliance parts had it for about $100 cheaper but not sure on how much the shipping will be .