LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Can’t download manuals.

Vince Neibert

Just started having trouble downloading manuals this morning. Tried several different ones, but always gives me the “sorry you can’t download” message. I appreciate your help.

• Team Samurai

I have been relieved of command and am no longer the site admin— that baton has  passed to @Son of Samurai.  

Continuing my ride off into the sunset... 

693D83C1-06B5-45CA-89FE-769B57FB339A.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Team Samurai

As the user base of Appliantology continues to grow, there are a lot of things that we have to do behind the scenes to keep the site running smoothly. A big part of that is managing bandwidth usage for things like file downloads. We have an extremely robust server, but it still has a finite amount of resources that need to be divided fairly among users. Our server is also optimized to be a forum (since that's its key feature), not a file server, so it needs to be managed as such.

To this end, we recently instituted a server-wide limit of 25 downloads per day for each individual user. This is meant to ensure that no single member of the site can use an undue amount of bandwidth, potentially compromising site performance for other techs.

We picked 25 downloads per day because it seemed like a reasonable limit that users would be unlikely to ever even encounter. But we've been wrong before! It seems that you've hit that 25 file limit today, and that's why you're having this issue.

As I said before, we're constantly adjusting settings like this, so it's by no means set in stone. Would you be able to give us some insight into why you needed to download more than 25 files today? That will help us figure out if this limit needs to be changed, and what a better number for it would be.

Wow! I didn’t know I had done that much. To answer your question I have been perusing numerous downloads to find info on a particular Samsung SXS. I was looking for info on what temp the Def sensor terminated defrost. I read it the other day-somewhere, and now I can’t find it. I looked up the same info multiple times (apparently at least 25!). I would say your number of 25 is more than sufficient most days, since I’ve never had this issue before. I’m like a bulldog. I just don’t let go until I find what I’m looking for. I will be fine with your limit. Thanks for the prompt and enlightening reply. @Son of Samurai

• Team Samurai

Makes sense- finding the right manual for some makes and models can be a pain. @Son of Samurai - do you think we could try raising the daily limit to 35 and see how the server runs? 

• Team Samurai
18 minutes ago, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

@Son of Samurai - do you think we could try raising the daily limit to 35 and see how the server runs? 

I think that’s a good idea. I’ll make the changes now.

@Vince Neibert — also,  if you’re ever in this situation again where you’re searching around, trying to find the right info for your model, don’t be bashful about posting in the Manual Requests forum. We can do things like cross-reference pub numbers at manufacturer sites to find the right manual, and we’re always happy to do it. All you need to do is ask!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I’ve downloaded two PDF manuals and when I try opening them it says something is preventing them from opening. They are downloaded and in my file but can not open. Any hints on opening them?

I don’t know which files, you downloaded, but some files are zip files, and you have to have a “unzipping” app to open them. 

And some are EverNote files that you have to have the EverNote application to open.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What is the fastest way to enter a model number and get to the wire diagram and service manual

• Team Samurai
3 hours ago, Ron Niles said:

What is the fastest way to enter a model number and get to the wire diagram and service manual

Good question! We have a very powerful search function here at Appliantology that you can use to find what you're looking for. This video shows the ins and outs of how it works: 

If you can't find what you need by searching, then by all means post in the Appliance Service Manual Requests Forum, as Captain Dunsel pointed out.