LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

garage door opener remote for model 139.53627SRT1

bdweller

I have a craftsman model 139.53627SRT1 opener and the remote stopped working.  I went to sears parts direct and they had one for $60.  Ridiculous price, I think.  I can't seem to find any other options on Amazon that I can confirm will work for this old opener (purchased in 1994 before rolling codes were used)

Your help in finding a cheaper solution would be appreciated.

BD Weller

Genie Universal Dual Frequency Conversion Kit, what I had to do...

Edited by Chat_in_FL

On 1/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, Chat_in_FL said:

Genie Universal Dual Frequency Conversion Kit, what I had to do...

Most likely if you Google this you will find the help you need..........

• Like 1

That's what I've been doing.  Can't seem to get solid confirmation that anything will work (except the $60 remote at Sears).  It shouldn't be that high.  I would think there would be programmable ones.

Looks like the conversion kit that @Chat_in_FL mentions above is around $50 at Home Depot or Amazon so it that will work not much cheaper.

That or pay Sears $60 for the remote before they go out of business, (maybe get a good discount/close out price if they go bankrupt).

If you order from Sears at this site: https://www.searspartsdirect.com/

you can use discount code PARTS for  a 10% discount.

The nice thing about a conversion kit is that it includes one remote, and you can add keypads and etc. at a later time time without having to worry about the frequency...

Howdy, anything that replaces 53879 should work.  Grey buttons on remote, for a system with a green learn  LED on the  powerhead   Chamberlain makes their own label, and Liftmaster professional products, and craftsman.    Don't want to pee in the pool on my first visit back in several years, but door openers and more has one on the cheap.  However the instructions on those universal type remotes can be REALLY hard for DIYer to follow. 

Try searching for the 53879 equivalent from Chamberlain or LM?    

The 890 Max from the LM site says its 34.99  and fits several colors of learn buttons, including yours.  Its been ten years since I was a GDO tech and trainer, but I am pretty sure yours is a rolling code technology, FWIW.

• 1 year later...

Hey, is there anyone from Washington? I'm going to move there. Does anyone know a good garage repair service?
The house is excellent, but they did not look after the garage, the gates are old, the roof is leaking, so major repairs are needed