LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GFWR2700H1WW GE Front Load Washer Not Spinning

Omar Gonzalez

Omar Gonzalez

My GFWR2700H1WW front load washers does not spin. I was able to use the Service Manual and run a tumble test and it seems like it wants to tumble but it struggles tumbling. Then switched it to spin test and it does not spin at all. Next I tried to go to test 21 to see if it generated any error codes but it is not generating error codes. I just see two (- -) on the display. I waited for about 3 to 5 minutes but it never gave me an error code. Would this a problem with the  inverter board or should i just try replacing the rotor position sensor.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omar Gonzalez

• Chat_in_FL

• dave2543

• budget appliance

Does it drain? Have you cleared the drain filter?

Omar Gonzalez

Yes. this is the first thing i did. I removed the drain pump trap and checked for debris. i was also able to run several drain pump test and it drained every time.

Make sure the tub spins freely with no instructions. If the unit is wiggling back and forth while trying to spin, the rps sensor is probably bad. If you were just throwing parts at it. This would be the cheapest fix. Make sure a wire isn’t broken too 

F9A07C24-38B8-4689-B800-9B79BCD33344.png

• 6 months later...

GFWR4805F0MC  GE FRONT LOAD WASHER..NO TUMBLE

replaced main board that had a blown fuse, checked motor , ohms out fine 16.6 each leg..will not tumble on cycle or test mode..

no spin either.. went back today and checked continuity on harness wires to motor, WITH WIGGLE , all seem good..

fills, drains, and just sits there in between, no error codes WTF ?

READ your response regarding RPS , sounds right but there is no movement , at all