LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Gas Dryer Questions

george7941

LG DLGX3886C. High limit stat failed

1) Are Supco parts good or should I stay with LG parts?

2) The resettable stats - if they tripped once, should they be replaced instead of resetting them, after repairing the overheating that led them to trip?

3) I checked the natural gas pressure at the tapping on the side of the gas valve and it was 3.8 inches water column. Does that seem about right?

4) The Flow Sense test always displays 4 bars, indicating severe restriction. I cleaned out all the lint in the dryer after pulling off the duct from the lint filter to the blower impeller. There is strong airflow from the back of the dryer with the exhaust duct disconnected. I checked the exhaust duct and the vent cap and they are all clear. So I hooked up twelve feet of 4 in plastic duct that I had to the back of the dryer and ran it outside. The plastic duct was stretched so it had a somewhat smooth inner wall and yet the Flow Sense test indicated blockage. It makes me think there is a defect in the test on this particular machine.

5) I have not replaced the thermistor yet because its resistance values match specifications when cold, warm and hot. Is it possible for the thermistor to be defective when it passes a bench test? Also when conducting the Diagnostic test, the correct exhaust temperature is displayed on the screen. The temperature slowly climbs from 24C once the flame is established all the way to 74c and then the gas valve shuts off and the temperature slowly falls. In spite of all this, could the thermistor be defective and fail intermittently causing the high limit stat to open?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adirondack Bob

• george7941

• evaappliance

Popular Days

56 minutes ago, george7941 said:

and the temperature slowly falls

If the temperature falls slowly on a gas dryer when the valve shuts off , I think there is still some kind of airflow issue 

Try running it with the lint filter removed- just to rule it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, george7941 said:

2) The resettable stats - if they tripped once, should they be replaced instead of resetting them, after repairing the overheating that led them to trip?

Only experience for me is on the Bosch dryers- I've tried resetting them only to be called backed out. 

Replace them and no more call backs.