Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

speeder

Samsung ww22K6800AW/A2 8C1 or BC1 error

speeder

I have a 2 year old samsung ww2k6800AW washer.  it's the 24" front load.

When start button is pushed on any cycle, the drain pump activates for a few seconds, then nothing happens.  no errors, just silence.  water does not start to fill, and tumbler does not move. 

Funny thing is when I first plugged it in (after it was unplugged for about a week) and tested it, it ran through a quick wash cycle ok.  Then when I did a self clean cycle, it stalled with 7 minutes left, and hasn't worked since.

When I enter diagnostic mode (delay 17H), the AS appears for a few seconds then either 8C1 or BC1 (not sure which it is).

I entered a chat with samsung support and they said it is power switch related, and said to unplug and plug back in after 60 seconds.  this did not fix the problem.

I did find something that said it's mems sensor related, but it was for a completely different washer.

thanks for any help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

speeder

forgot to mention that I have a service manual for this washer, and it doesn't show a 8C1 error, but there is reference to an 8E1 error which is a mems PBC check detected error

geno875

not sure about 8c1 but 8c is usually the MEMS sensor

geno875

That looks correct

DAVE71
On 1/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, geno875 said:

Its been a while since this thread...

I have the exact code pop up....

Can you suggest ?

Washer drains - then nothing

DAVE71

His part number is not compatible with mine.....what else is this part called?

Jenrn

Same issue. 8C1 error code. Replaced MEMS sensor and the control board. Issue continues. Any other thoughts or suggestions. Washing machine used for THREE weeks only