Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung ww22K6800AW/A2 8C1 or BC1 error

speeder

I have a 2 year old samsung ww2k6800AW washer.  it's the 24" front load.

When start button is pushed on any cycle, the drain pump activates for a few seconds, then nothing happens.  no errors, just silence.  water does not start to fill, and tumbler does not move. 

Funny thing is when I first plugged it in (after it was unplugged for about a week) and tested it, it ran through a quick wash cycle ok.  Then when I did a self clean cycle, it stalled with 7 minutes left, and hasn't worked since.

When I enter diagnostic mode (delay 17H), the AS appears for a few seconds then either 8C1 or BC1 (not sure which it is).

I entered a chat with samsung support and they said it is power switch related, and said to unplug and plug back in after 60 seconds.  this did not fix the problem.

I did find something that said it's mems sensor related, but it was for a completely different washer.

thanks for any help.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speeder

• geno875

• selfemployed

• DAVE71

forgot to mention that I have a service manual for this washer, and it doesn't show a 8C1 error, but there is reference to an 8E1 error which is a mems PBC check detected error

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, geno875 said:

Its been a while since this thread...

I have the exact code pop up....

Can you suggest ?

Washer drains - then nothing

• 1 month later...

Same issue. 8C1 error code. Replaced MEMS sensor and the control board. Issue continues. Any other thoughts or suggestions. Washing machine used for THREE weeks only 

• 5 months later...

Bump this to the top for some input. 8c1 error code.Customer replaced the memory  sensor and still the same issue. Part# dc93-00278g

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I think I'm also getting the same error as OP (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wybr8PLrkdQ_KHWUiIcgS70CZBmTFkiC/view?usp=sharing). Not sure if it's a bC1 or 8C1 error code. 

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue I replaced the meme sensor and the user interface with no luck. Please help need to get this fix ASAP. Could it be a wire harness problem.

• 5 months later...

Model WF45K6200AW/A2

I just had a front load with a problem that during a rinse and spin it stops at 11 min on the display. Under 17h delay and press pause for 7 to 10 seconds 8C1 pops up. This leads me to the MEMs sensor. i ohmed all the wires in the harnes to the main board, they all ohmed out ok. so i ordered a sensor, and will see if that fixes it.

For those of you haveint the same issue after replacing the parts, you may just have a broken wire in your harness. You must verify the wires are good!

I think there is a video on youtube with the fix. The wiring harness for the sensor? was shorting out because it got exposed. How they ran it from the factor was pinched between a board and the frame.

• 5 months later...
mkultraball

Hey guys, has anybody been able to resolve their 8c1 error code?

I had previously tried wrapping the pinched area of the wiring harness in electrical tape and then using pliers to prevent the pinch from occurring, but when I load clothes into the washer, I still get the error code. No error code when testing the washer without clothes in it, interestingly. I have to de-stack it and take a look inside to see if I can figure out what's going on. May have to do some more in-depth splicing of the wiring harness, or outright replace it.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, selfemployed said:

How they ran it from the factor was pinched between a board and the frame

"Frame"  is that the plastic PCB frame or elsewhere?