Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

simsgang

Model 417.61732810 Washer/Dryer Combo not spinning

simsgang

I have a washer/dryer combo that not draining. It appears to be unbalanced.  The clothes are in the washer soak and wet, because it's not spinning.  Sometimes the the door locks and will not open, so it has to be unplugged to reset so it will work.  I was thinking it was probably the drain pump?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

If it’s not draining it won’t spin. 

Need to solve no drain problem. 

Does pump run?

simsgang

No the pump does not run.

16345Ed

Need to determine if pump is receiving voltage...

simsgang

Ok, I will first thing tomorrow. Thank you!

16345Ed
41 minutes ago, simsgang said:

Ok, I will first thing tomorrow. Thank you!

That door lock seems suspicious too...

dave2543

Howdy sismgang, easy to access,  put this is search in YouTube     Frigidaire Laundry center 417.61732810    and find how to access the pump vid of 1 minute , also good video of a guy checking his lid switch, and cleaning his dirty timer contacts for the repair about 10 minutes.  I would probably still change the timer, but nice to know its the cause before buying it.

16345Ed
21 hours ago, dave2543 said:

Howdy sismgang, easy to access,  put this is search in YouTube     Frigidaire Laundry center 417.61732810    and find how to access the pump vid of 1 minute , also good video of a guy checking his lid switch, and cleaning his dirty timer contacts for the repair about 10 minutes.  I would probably still change the timer, but nice to know its the cause before buying it.

Wow, you diagnosed a bad timer? How?

• Like 1

dave2543

Hi 16345ED, sorry, I got a little lazy typing.  Obviously the vid does not necessarily apply the OP's situation.  I was posting those so the OP could see how to get inside the machine. For many  DIYers and even some techs, getting in is a big part of the challenge.

By referring to replace versus repair, I meant that if I had a timer I had cleaned up and it was working, I would probably still change it, or at least order the new one if it is not stocked at the local parts house.