LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kedh207yal0 kitchenaid

Ybuynu

Both dual element surface elements ( 6” & 8”) only heat the Halogen outer ring.  Do not see any broken or burned wires or element. Switch has been swapped out, so has element... no change in performance? Please help!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ybuynu

• 16345Ed

1 hour ago, 16345Ed said:

Please provide switch and element part numbers you switched. 

3148950 7.0-9.2 amp infinite switch & 3183585 1800w element.

7 hours ago, Ybuynu said:

3148950 7.0-9.2 amp infinite switch & 3183585 1800w element.

I’m curious where you bought the new element 3183585. Since all my suppliers say it no longer available. 

eBay, was advised it is new and was purchased in error, as their issue was wiring and not switch or element. I questioned condition, as I noted a slight discoloration (yellowish brown) on the temp limiter rod near the end of the white jacket about 3/4 of the way down the rod?

i appreciate the input.

The larger element on  right rear was performing like the front right, however, I broke the ceramic/ glass connection to the halogen power ring so that entire right rear element does need replacing.  I thought I would wait until the problem can be confirmed on the front.  I get a voltage around 75? When testing the white and brown wires at the element and 227 off temp controller. No wires appear broken or burned and connections look good.

One last thing, the switch for front right appears to have been replaced at sometime, as it was ivory vs brown like the other 3.

Is it possible to swap switches with the left rear single element switch briefly to test front right coil portion?

Is it possible for the switch to only send power to the halogen ring and not the coil portion of the element or would the element or something else prevent both from heating properly?

thanks in advance.