LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

repairing Kitchenaid gas range KGSS907SSS00

babbobubba

Kitchenaid gas range mod #  KGSS907SSS00

Range is 11 years old and suddenly the oven won't heat past about 200 degrees.  Called in the repair guy who at first thought it was the igniter but decided it was likely the valve and said the repair would be $300 inc the part. I trust the guy but am trying to decide if $300 is a bad investment in a range this old. Should I fix it or buy a new one? Thanks.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, babbobubba said:

Kitchenaid gas range mod #  KGSS907SSS00

Range is 11 years old and suddenly the oven won't heat past about 200 degrees.  Called in the repair guy who at first thought it was the igniter but decided it was likely the valve and said the repair would be $300 inc the part. I trust the guy but am trying to decide if $300 is a bad investment in a range this old. Should I fix it or buy a new one? Thanks.

That’s your choice. Hard to make that call for you. 

Im surprised a bad valve was heating at all though...

A little concerned about the diagnosis, that setup is very tricky to diagnose ,  as 16345ed said it would be strange to have a bad valve. If I bought a new on I would find one that has the old style gas components.    

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Update and recap...

Kitchenaid gas range model KGSS907SSS00, nine years old, cooktop works fine but oven can take an hour to go from off to 250 degrees and doesn't want to go higher.  Sometimes an increase of one degree can take two minutes!  This is equally true of regular and convect bake options. 

I could never get the guy who diagnosed a bad valve to come back (or even return my calls) so I had a second guy come in. He says it is the sensor AND the motherboard and is not worth repairing.  I'd be grateful for your opinions and diagnoses.  No error code is displayed BTW, but if I press OFF, OFF, ON I get a display like this:

STATUS L/D MOD ID 0101
AM16 UI15 EEKGO-245  (or 275?)

MANY thanks.

• 5 months later...

I can see this column is a bit dated but I just got finished looking at one of these ranges and I had an issue with bake and broil not working. I entered the fault diagnostics, OFF, OFF, START and then had to hit the number 3 button to see fault codes. It told me the self clean door lock thought it was locked. After taking a look at this I disconnected the micro switches and the oven started working. I know this won’t be the same for everyone but it is an easy thing to check. Good luck all. 

• 1 year later...
LiveLonger

I also noted this thread is dated, but I came across the same issue, bake and broil not working.  I entered the diagnostic mode, hit #3 and error code reported F2 E1 - Key pad disconnected.  Performed the dance, checked and cleaned connections, same error.  While at it I wanted to check potential suspects and found gas distribution valve terminal 2 w/no continuity.  Work in progress.

For babbobubba and future readers- after entering diagnostic mode press #3 for error codes displayed in last two digits of the clock, then reference tech sheet under warming drawer for definition.   

On 8/8/2019 at 3:25 PM, babbobubba said:

Update and recap...

Kitchenaid gas range model KGSS907SSS00, nine years old, cooktop works fine but oven can take an hour to go from off to 250 degrees and doesn't want to go higher.  Sometimes an increase of one degree can take two minutes!  This is equally true of regular and convect bake options. 

I could never get the guy who diagnosed a bad valve to come back (or even return my calls) so I had a second guy come in. He says it is the sensor AND the motherboard and is not worth repairing.  I'd be grateful for your opinions and diagnoses.  No error code is displayed BTW, but if I press OFF, OFF, ON I get a display like this:

STATUS L/D MOD ID 0101
AM16 UI15 EEKGO-245  (or 275?)

MANY thanks.

Another bad diagnosis 

very, very rare for 2 parts to fail. 

Could be board OR sensor not likely both. 

• 1 year later...
hawaii_bake

Hi there, new to the forum... so on this thread...

we have same problem oven will not reach temperature (gas portion not working) top burners work 100%

Had a chance to test the oven valve and checks out OK 216ohms both sides.

So next step would be to check the DSI board to make sure there is 120VAC at J1-4 to J1-7,  etc...

so my question how do we get to the board and still be able to have the control panel connected?

Any procedures to get to the boards ?

thank you for your help

Daniel

12 hours ago, hawaii_bake said:

Hi there, new to the forum... so on this thread...

we have same problem oven will not reach temperature (gas portion not working) top burners work 100%

Had a chance to test the oven valve and checks out OK 216ohms both sides.

So next step would be to check the DSI board to make sure there is 120VAC at J1-4 to J1-7,  etc...

so my question how do we get to the board and still be able to have the control panel connected?

Any procedures to get to the boards ?

thank you for your help

Daniel

Remove back panels

hawaii_bake

Hi 16345Ed

Removing back panels do not expose the boards... the boards are under the top burners and is a total pain to get to them to diagnose.

btw... it looks like our issue was the latch; which is disconnected now and the over works

regardless it would be nice to know how to diagnose the boards

thank  you

Daniel

hawaii_bake

Hi Everyone...

So we disconnected the oven door latch and the oven worked for a few days...

now it decided not to ignite anymore..

suggestions?

thanks

I just read a couple of  those / that doesnt sound right/ have a special built range with an  appliance manager board and a gas valve module  for some one to be able to direct you on how to troubleshoot that on the internet  is crazy / / time to call a factory rep/ I CAN TELL YOU THAT PREVIOUS ADVISE ABOUT THE DOOR LOCK ISNT IN ANY SERVICE BULLITENS/

All the evidence points to the appliance manager board though measurements should tell the tale