LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

amana gas dryer not heating NGD4655EW2

MsAnn

Manufacturer: amana
Type of Appliance: Dryer
Model Number: NGD4655EW2
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): yes

I am working on a POS amana gas dryer that has got me AFU. The complaint is "not heating". I go over and watch the igniter glow through the peep hole. the valve opens and ignites fire. It does not ignite a second time.  I'm thinking the coil on the gas valve is failing. Before I tear the whole dryer apart I go ahead and go to the back and test the hi limit, thermostat, thermal fuse and the cycling thermostat. all test with continuity. I go back to the front and disassemble the dryer and install a new coil pac (this is the new coils that are all one piece WPW10328463. I start the dryer up and it does it's thing. I get paid and leave. about 2 hours later I get a call from the client and he tells me that it is not heating again. I told him to take the vent tube off and throw a wet towel in and see how long it takes to dry. Client did this and after an hour still not dry. I ask him is the towel hot and wet or cold and wet. he said cold and wet. That leaves out a clogged vent theory and the dryer is not heating.

Here is what I am thinking clogged blower wheel or timer. I need a wiring diagram to test the timer. Unless someone can tell me how to check the timer on a gas dryer.

Do gas dryer's  have a centrifugal switch on the motor that is part of the heating circuit? 

Thanks for your help!

I can see by the diagram that a gas dryer does have a centrifugal switch. Thank you for the prompt response. Very helpful information.

Your a rock star! 

• Like 1

• Team Samurai
11 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

I can see by the diagram that a gas dryer does have a centrifugal switch.

Yep and it completes the Neutral for the burner circuit.