Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

amana gas dryer not heating NGD4655EW2

MsAnn

Manufacturer: amana
Type of Appliance: Dryer
Model Number: NGD4655EW2
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): yes

I am working on a POS amana gas dryer that has got me AFU. The complaint is "not heating". I go over and watch the igniter glow through the peep hole. the valve opens and ignites fire. It does not ignite a second time.  I'm thinking the coil on the gas valve is failing. Before I tear the whole dryer apart I go ahead and go to the back and test the hi limit, thermostat, thermal fuse and the cycling thermostat. all test with continuity. I go back to the front and disassemble the dryer and install a new coil pac (this is the new coils that are all one piece WPW10328463. I start the dryer up and it does it's thing. I get paid and leave. about 2 hours later I get a call from the client and he tells me that it is not heating again. I told him to take the vent tube off and throw a wet towel in and see how long it takes to dry. Client did this and after an hour still not dry. I ask him is the towel hot and wet or cold and wet. he said cold and wet. That leaves out a clogged vent theory and the dryer is not heating.

Here is what I am thinking clogged blower wheel or timer. I need a wiring diagram to test the timer. Unless someone can tell me how to check the timer on a gas dryer.

Do gas dryer's  have a centrifugal switch on the motor that is part of the heating circuit? 

Thanks for your help!

I can see by the diagram that a gas dryer does have a centrifugal switch. Thank you for the prompt response. Very helpful information.

Your a rock star! 

• Like 1

• Team Samurai
11 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

I can see by the diagram that a gas dryer does have a centrifugal switch.

Yep and it completes the Neutral for the burner circuit.