LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool gase range Tech sheet and service bulletin request

16345Ed

Manufacturer: Whirlpool
Type of Appliance: Gas range
Model Number: WFG500M4HS0
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): Yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): Yes

Brand new unit... customer who I know and is sharp with electrical and mechanical stuff text me the following:

Good morning Ed, 
Was hoping you might be able to help me. Have a brand new whirlpool gas range and one of the large stovetop burners is going out when you turn it down to simmer. I tried adjusting the tiny simmer screw but that didn’t help. Not sure if it might be the valve itself. Have you ever experienced anything like this? 
Look forward to hearing back.
Thanks 
K S

So I’m first requesting technical documents and requesting a bulletin search for similar problem. 

Thanks 

Ed

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16345Ed

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Son of Samurai

Popular Days

• Team Samurai

No service bulletin on this problem that I'm finding -- in fact, looks like Service Matters has hardly anything on this model for some reason.

2 hours ago, Son of Samurai said:

No service bulletin on this problem that I'm finding -- in fact, looks like Service Matters has hardly anything on this model for some reason.

I tried to find technical sheet part number on searspartsdirect.com prior to my request and they had nothing listed. 

2 hours ago, Son of Samurai said:

Thanks for looking!

• Team Samurai

Looks like a simple old dawg. Found a wiring diagram and parts manual. Hope it helps! 

• Thanks 1