Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LOOK >> Here's how to get your manuals as soon as possible!

Son of Samurai

• Team Samurai
  1. Search the Downloads section of the site before posting request. We have thousands of files and, many times, you'll find the file is already there. Watch this short video for searching tips.
  2. Ensure that you have a VALID MODEL NUMBER. You can validate the model number by copying and pasting it into an online parts site, like RepairClinic.
  3. Post a descriptive topic title. Be considerate of others coming along later and browsing. Topic titles like "info needed" are unhelpful and just plain stupid. For example, if you're working on a GE refrigerator, just SAY that in your topic title, "GE refrigerator tech sheet needed." 

HOW TO SEARCH FOR SERVICE MANUALS AND TECH SHEETS: 

Watch this short video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/Ua7juYqZKkM

• 2 weeks later...

Sam, I just found one here for a Kenmore dishwasher. I had to back it all the way off to  *1354*   but it finally showed up.

So thank you. I guess the reason it would not show up with the full number; is because the one I found was a different number but was an equivalent manual. I suppose you see that a lot.   I'm committed to try harder and make your life easier, even if it means going down to one number and the asterisk wildcard.

• Team Samurai
8 minutes ago, Bintiwangu said:

I had to back it all the way off to  *1354*   but it finally showed up.

Odd -- I'm not finding anything when I use that search term. What pulled up for you when you searched with that?

a longer number showed only one hit -someone asking about  help with diagnosing. And the shorter number pulled up two hits.

One was you responding with a manual that was equivalent

You responded to Phil the bar man with an equivalent manual.

So it wasn't a direct hit but with a little digging I uncovered it.

Screenshot_2019-02-27-17-26-20.png

• Team Samurai

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's a great way of finding out if the correct info for your model is on the site, but listed under a different model number.

But of course, if you're ever in doubt of whether what you're pulling up is right for you, don't be bashful about posting a request. We're always happy to help!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Okay getting frustrated this is very unuser friendly. I just want to put in a model number and look up the diagram. KFW9150WW00

On 2/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, Son of Samurai said:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's a great way of finding out if the correct info for your model is on the site, but listed under a different model number.

But of course, if you're ever in doubt of whether what you're pulling up is right for you, don't be bashful about posting a request. We're always happy to help!

Need manual KFW9150WW00

2 hours ago, Ron Niles said:

Okay getting frustrated this is very unuser friendly. I just want to put in a model number and look up the diagram. KFW9150WW00 

Need manual KFW9150WW00

1. Start a thread asking for the manual, rather than piggybacking on an existing thread
  2. KFW9150WW00 doesn't seem to be a valid model #

• Team Samurai
2 hours ago, Ron Niles said:

Watch this video on how to search to make sure you're doing it correctly: 

If you still can't find it, then please follow the steps that Brother Rhubarb Tau laid out for you.

Ron,

I know it can be frustrating. But my understanding is this doesn't work like Google because it's invisible to all the Googling do-it-yourselfers.

Nothing like needing a manual you don't have. But Hang in there and keep trying!

Ron,

what I learned also is that if you Google the number to verify it's good, sometimes Google will "fix" the number for you if it's not perfect.

I always start with a photograph and make certain that I have the right number when checking here.

And sometimes you have to back off almost to the beginning number with an asterisk ( wildcard character) to find what you're looking for.

I feel your pain-I've been there!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, Son of Samurai said:

I appreciate this so much about the people on this site. Sometimes you just want to know fo sho, ya know