Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Profile PHP9036SJ1SS Induction Cooktop Burner Issue

Kernhills

Hello. I have a GE Profile Induction cooktop (Model PHP9036SJ1SS) that has been installed for about 6 weeks. It was working fine when we installed it. Yesterday, we noticed that the two burners on the right side quit working. We can turn the burner on and set power level, but it turns itself off in 4-6 seconds. The light for the burner power level comes on, but I don't hear any click or sound I normally hear when the burners in the center and middle side come on (you can hear a buzz normally when the pan is on them). Not sure why they are shutting off before they even begin heating.  Also, for the first time, the fan in the unit ran continuously until the next morning when I reset the breaker in order to turn it off.  There had not been anything on the cooktop for over 12 hours and it kept running.  I would like to know what part is at fault and instructions on replacing it if possible.  Since we waited over a year from purchasing to do the install and kitchen remodel, it is not under warranty unfortunately.  Thanks in advance for your advice!! These things are pricey, so I am hoping to troubleshoot and resolve.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chat_in_FL

• Kernhills

Top Posters In This Topic

Service Bulletin RA02-16

GE Appliances September 2016

Multiple Elements Not Heating Induction Ranges and Cooktops

The loss of both surface elements on one side of the range, cooktop or the Power Boil element on the 36” cooktop may be due to the generator board.

Repair: Replace the generator board(s) by replacing the induction tray(s), which contain the generator board(s) and filter board. Replace both trays in the 36” cooktops, even if only one is not operating. Only one tray is needed for the 30” cooktops. If the tray is not available due to inventory, replace all individual generator boards. If replacing the individual generator boards, check the 20 amp fuse on the filter boards for continuity and ensure the fuse holder clips are tight.

The original part numbers have been superseded and contain updated generator boards.