Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest Tillerman 33

washer wont spin after wash.

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Need help, I own this above washer.  Had it for several months now.  The problem is after it washes and goes to spin and drain it wont spin.  I have to open the lid and then close it to get it to spin.  No matter what size load.  It also only does this some of the time... Help Wife Getting Pissed at it.

Tillerman33

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The timer has a built in pause after the drain to let the transmission go into spin.  See if the washer is pausing for about 2-3 seconds.  If it is not the timer could be going bad.  If it does not drain or spin till you open and close the lid I would suspect you have a lid switch going bad.

The timer is ok.  it does pause for 2 to 3 seconds.  The lid switch is ok i think because the motor will turn on but it will not spin.  When you open then shut the lid the motor will engage the basket and then it will spin fine.  Its like the gear is not catching and the small pause of opening the lid will let the the drive engage

yes, the pause in the timer does this for you, not sure why you have to open and close the lid since the timer does pause unless this is jarring something letting it move or come into contact.  will have to think about this some more...

Ok I think I am explaining this wrong.  Everything works that is suppose to.  But the basket will not spin some times.  the motor will run , the timer works.  When you open the lid to look and see if the basket is spinning and it is not ,then i close the lid hear a "clunk" and the basket will start to spin.

hope that helps sensi

tillerman33

oh and it does drain

tillerman33

I have been down this road many times. Your lid switch works, your timer works, and you have intermittent no spin condition.

Your gearcase is failing to make the shift from neutral to spin(intermittently). This is an internal gearcase problem.You need to replace the gearcase. If it's still under 1 year old the parts and labor are under warrenty. If it's 2-5 years old, the part is under warrenty, but you will pay for labor.

Nick

what does that cost?

Scroll down a bit and plug your appliance info into the Easy Appliance Parts Lookup Form and you'll find out exactly what the transmission costs.