LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Bosch dishwasher not dissolving dishwasher powder

Globallyoff

The dishwasher was leaving streaks on our glasses.  I changed out the pump filter and cleaned out the drain filter.  The pump filter gets undissolved Finish dishwasher powder clogging up the part.  Water temp. is OK. I have run TSP through the system with no real improvement.  

Thanks,

Globallyoff

1 hour ago, Globallyoff said:

1 hour ago, Globallyoff said:

The dishwasher was leaving streaks on our glasses. The pump filter gets undissolved Finish dishwasher powder clogging up the part.  Sounds like a heater not working.

Water temp. is OK. How did you determine this? When it's run for awhile, if you open the door, does steam hit you in the face?

Edited by tpoindexter

Thanks for the reply. I checked the water 2 or 3 times during a normal cycle.  At first, there was almost no steam. The second time the water was lukewarm to the touch.  The third time, I measured the temp of the water in the bottom of the washer.  It read 102 F.  

I have looked at various videos. The likely causes appear to be a bad relay, or the heater element.  Any further advice would be appreciated.

You have 1 water line connected to your dishwasher to fill it. It comes from hot water tank and probably tied in under the kitchen sink to the hot water side. 102F is just the water from that line. You have a heater not working. Heater itself or relay on the board. You need to figure that one out.

• Like 1

Globallyoff

Thank you so much for your responses.  I will be looking into the most common heating problems and considering various options.

Globally off