LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Elite Double Oven Model 790.97313413 Bake element in upper oven not working

bowhunter

The bake element in the upper oven will not come on. During pre heat the broil element comes on but doesn’t alternate with the bottom element. Bottom oven works great with it alternating between the two elements. The bake element ohm’s out fine draws amperage when I moved the broil element terminals to the bake element. When it’s suppose to alternate to the bake element there is no voltage there. The control board has been replaced plus the sensor(probe). ??????

Seeing that you replaced the control board I'd say bad relay on the relay board? 

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

The control board has been replaced plus the sensor(probe). ??????

Relay on the relay board?

You said you moved the wires and got voltage for the broiler element. Do you have a loose connection? You may have some faulty wiring or loose connections if the board was replaced. 

I connected the top oven broil element wires to the top oven bake element to see for certain that the bake element worked and it heated up. So I have eliminated the top bake element as the problem. I’m thinking that the clock display oven control has two relays, one for the top oven and one for the bottom oven. It’s possible that the relay which runs the upper oven is faulty and will not alternate from broil to bake during pre-heat. The lower oven works fine alternating between broil and bake elements at least during pre-heat.

52 minutes ago, Ian B said:

You said you moved the wires and got voltage for the broiler element. Do you have a loose connection? You may have some faulty wiring or loose connections if the board was replaced. 

I have no voltage to the upper oven bake element when it’s on, but moved the upper oven broil wires to the upper oven bake element and had proper amps and it heated up. So my thought is that there must be two relays on the clock control board and the upper oven relay has one side of it faulty that runs the upper oven bake element

I’m doing this without a wiring schematic since I can’t find one on the unit. Can someone find the wiring schematic and post it or tell me whether there are two relays on the clock control board (part # 139092701)?

The control board pictured on this thread by Quick has already been replaced

That board is for both ovens. You have an Electrolux/Frigidaire model and I’m having trouble finding a parts breakdown with the model number you gave. You may have a faulty new board or it’s the wrong one. 

I went to the Sears parts and that’s where I got the part number. It’s identical to the one Quick posted

It’s identical to the one that was in the oven that was replaced. A wiring diagram will definitely tell whether the clock control has two different relays since that’s where you turn them on at. Mind you, this is a free standing range that looks like the Maytag Gemini

11 hours ago, bowhunter said:

It’s identical to the one Quick posted

Sorry. I can't take credit for posting that. You replaced what looks like the relay board, not the controller if I'm looking at that right. Might want to check connection J2 on that relay board making sure you have a good connection. Then I would maybe check connection P2 at the controller. If the connections are good I'd probably be replacing the control board. This is good. Makes me realize I need to take the range course at MST. Think I will.

• Like 1

So the relay board is the one show in the picture on the post above, (that was replaced)and the controller is clock and touchpad?

34 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

So the relay board is the one show in the picture on the post above

Yes that's the relay board.

The controller is the part number you posted yourself...part # 139092701

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken so long to thank those who have responded.