Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG parts manual

ol_lonely

Manufacturer: LG
Type of Appliance: Refrig
Model Number: lfcss25426d/00
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): yes

need a parts manual. sears shows parts, but has no part # list. same with repair clinic or others. found an icemaker listed under model #, but it says "not compatible" . I am looking for the ice maker ass'y.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• ol_lonely

• Mrs. Samurai

• Team Samurai
4 hours ago, ol_lonely said:
Model Number: lfcss25426d/00
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes

That model number probably starts with "LFCS..." Can you confirm?

sorry, Yes that was a typo. LFCS25426D/00  sears shows the ICM in image as #600 but the parts list for that page only goes up to 319. I'm not sure why you constantly reccommend repai clinic as a site to look up parts. they don't have parts diagrams for most models, ie: this model they have a listing of 9 parts for the whole unit, for Icemaker problems they list the "most common " problems as a bad valve, or bad water supply. 🤬 most common problem with LG is a bad modular ICM ass'y. they don't even list an ICM for that unit on their site. when I input the ICM they list with the model # they say it's incompatible. also as part of RepairClinic's business model they undercut us field techs. don't know if they are a sponsor of the page?????  but...

• Team Samurai

20 hours ago, ol_lonely said:

I'm not sure why you constantly reccommend repai clinic as a site to look up parts.

Here's what we said in the form: "Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic?" (emphasis added)

• Team Samurai
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Samurai said:

Here's what we said in the form: "Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic?" (emphasis added)

Yes, the point is to validate the model number at an online parts site BEFORE you post your request so you’re not wasting everyone’s time and so you can get your info faster. Sound like a win-win? 

On 3/14/2019 at 1:16 PM, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Yes, the point is to validate the model number at an online parts site BEFORE you post your request so you’re not wasting everyone’s time and so you can get your info faster. Sound like a win-win? 

and i said Yes. Then when i typed the question, I made a TYPO. sorry I wasted everyone's time. guess there aren't any parts manuals here. or no one has the info? I checked several sites "like" Repair clinic, and Sears parts direct, 1st Source servall, appliance parts pros, marcone. while they show a LG icemaker in response to the inquiry, the follow-up to see if it's compatible, says "not compatible" 

• Team Samurai

Great, now that we’re all reacquainted with the importance of accurate model numbers, let’s try searching the Appliantology Files section as shown in the video and see if we can find the service manual that was uploaded on Nov 30, 2018. 

downloaded and checked the service manual last week. I was an LG service tech a few years ago. this service manual has an exploded view, but no part #'s. there is confusion on the parts sites as to the correct # for that icemaker. 

• Team Samurai

Best practice I’ve found for both Samsung and LG is to get the part number directly off the part you’re going to replace. Not 100% possible or feasible but 98.6% ain’t too shabby!