LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Ge Dryer manual

deezus

Manufacturer: GE
Type of Appliance: Dryer
Model Number: gfdn160ejww
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): Yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): Yes

Need this manual. I can't figure out how to take these new GE dryers apart. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, 16345Ed said:

@coolhandluke

Does mini manual have disassembly info?

its mini manual no: 31-16895

I don't see that file number. 

1 hour ago, deezus said:

I don't see that file number. 

It was listed on searspartsdirect.com in parts diagram?  That’s where I grabbed it from anyway. 

Does it show how to remove the top? If so can you give me a link? 

Thanks. 

Edited by deezus

This is not that unit. This one has no screws on top its newer. I'm familiar with that one you posted. 

I don't think that's gonna help. I need service manual or someone to tell me how to take unit apart. 

2 hours ago, deezus said:

Does it show how to remove the top? If so can you give me a link? 

I can't say for sure, but I've run into a couple of front-load GE's (washers, but might be similar) that had me stumped for disassembly for a while. No screws on the back of the top panel. There's a hidden screw (on these, anyway) behind the cycle knob, and a couple others in the dispenser tray (again, these were washers, not sure for dryers). Once all the screws were out, I think the console lifted straight up off clips, then the top panel screws were along the front edge behind the console.

I can't find any other minii-manuals for that model that give any help on disassembly. :(

Edited by Rhubarb Tau
removed extra text
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rhubarb Tau said:

I can't say for sure, but I've run into a couple of front-load GE's (washers, but might be similar) that had me stumped for disassembly for a while. No screws on the back of the top panel. There's a hidden screw (on these, anyway) behind the cycle knob, and a couple others in the dispenser tray (again, these were washers, not sure for dryers). Once all the screws were out, I think the console lifted straight up off clips, then the top panel screws were along the front edge behind the console.

I can't find any other minii-manuals for that model that give any help on disassembly. :(

Yep I done a few of those kind too... forgot about them. 

59 minutes ago, deezus said:

Is that it? 

Yep as I recall pull off knob, remove that screw and then carefully pry console off from top.