Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

lyncha00

GE Profile PFCS1PJZBSS Compressor not working

lyncha00

Both compartments are warm but the condenser fan is running. Checked power output from motherboard (J15) to inverter board, reading 12.3 VDC. Same reading at connection to inverter board. Compressor windings all reading 6.9 ohm. Does this look like a motherboard issue? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Gnominator77

If you are getting 120 VAC line voltage to the inverter.... the 2 thicker wires... and 12.3 VDC control voltage from the main board looks like you need an inverter board. Part number: WR49X10283

Part number: WR49X10283

lyncha00

Thank you Gnominator, yes, I'm getting 120VAC to the inverter but shouldn't the main board be putting out 4-6 VDC instead of 12.3?

Adirondack Bob
32 minutes ago, lyncha00 said:

I'm getting 120VAC to the inverter but shouldn't the main board be putting out 4-6 VDC instead of 12.3?

4-6 VDC with connector plugged in and tested- 12 VDC with connector unplugged for testing.

lyncha00

Ahh, makes sense, thank you. 

darren412
45 minutes ago, Adirondack Bob said:

4-6 VDC with connector plugged in and tested- 12 VDC with connector unplugged for testing.

4-6 volts DC with connector plugged in is correct.   Not so sure about what the exact voltage readings are unplugged though.  If your receiving the 4-6 volts DC voltage ,  I believe thats all you need to be concerned with for proper dc voltage coming out of the mother board plugged in when testing.   Sounds to me like its the inverter also Bob      This is assuming the compressor is at room temperature also . 

• Like 1