LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

gas safety valve - old Premier GC2100W gas range

appleimac

Was told by repairman my Peerless Premier gas range 24" made under the Galaxy name - needs a gas safety valve for the oven.  Makes sense, after lighting pilot, would take hours before I could get the oven to fire up, then eventually the oven quit firing up days even days after the pilot was lit.  Was told TOAC could rebuild my old valve, but I found the correct valve is supposed to be 1285, Dey Distributing said Premier confirmed this - I read this replaced the 1282 valve - is this in fact the right gas safety valve for this range?  I really prefer to keep my old range from the 80's, I love a standing pilot stove over the battery ignition systems of today - or the electronic -

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• appleimac

• darren412

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

call premier yourself and have the model and serial number ready.  Premier has a contact # and website.        www.premierrange.com    or    the # to call is 800-858-5844 .   The model # should be located below the top of the stove . Remove the grates  etc.  and lift up on the top lid  to remove it.  Its not that difficult.  Underneath the top lid on the stove cavity top , there should be a metal tag or sticker that is viewable with the model and serial # for your stove.  Right those numbers down before you call them because you will need that .   The model # you have shown might be missing some numbers.  I dont think that is the correct model # .  Assuming that it is definately the gas valve that is the problem ??   they will be able to direct you to the correct replacement gas valve.  Good luck 

Edited by darren412
typo