Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Hankb

Kenmore 90 Series Washer 110-92491210

7 posts in this topic

Hello All

The washer is currently fully functional but It's just a matter of time before "what-ever it is" breaks. I'm trying to determine the "what-ever it is" portion. :)

There's a loud noise (squealing) that occurs when the washer begins to agitate. The noise continues through out the agitating cycle and during the spinning cycle.

Can you help me diagnose this problem? The noise is getting louder.

It's a Kenmore Direct-Drive model

THank You

Hank

The Grasshopper

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

could be a number of things-try and narrow down the area from which the noise is evident(eg. drain pump)

Hello again.

When the washer is filling up there's no noise but once it's completly filled up with water and right when it begins to agitate is when the noise starts.

While the water drains there's no noise, but once it begins to spin the noise is present again.

I'm asuming it's not the pump. But what else can it be? Drive Coupler? Motor?

I don't think the dog-ears would have anything to do with it... would it?

Thanks

Hank

Just moved the washer and noticed rubber shavings on the washers location.

I think it's time to replace the motor coupler. Is there anything else I should check?

Once I receive my part, is there anything else I should verify? Free moving  tranny ? Etc?

THanks

Hank

just replace the coupling, part #285753 and go from there-no sense looking for trouble

Just replaced the coupler. Unfortunatly the sound is still present. :yikes: This time it's more prevelant during the spin cycle.

The bearings looked fine on the motor and there was no play on the shafts.

Hmmmm :(

Run the washer with the cabinet removed and the lid switch jumpered out, try to locate the source of noise using your earballs.

And, just for grins, check that drive block:

wp_dd_wash_drive_block.jpg?dc=4675466063395598024