Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Dishwasher Main Control Board GDF570SSJ0SS

tgoods

Dead dishwasher, won't enter service mode. Dropped the main control and the LED is on steady. Hmm, nothing on the tech sheet about a steady LED. Cycled power to the control and it started to blink happily and the dishwasher started working. Only lasted one load. Ordered a control, didn't find my exact model in the instructions so set the jumpers to the closest match. Everything was working again. In the meantime I found a service manual that said steady or rapidly blinking means bad control. Yay, I guessed right. Problem is it only lasted 10 days. Found a rapidly blinking LED and when I cycled power, it went steady. Why are the control boards going bad? Thanks. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoods

• darren412

8 hours ago, tgoods said:

Dead dishwasher, won't enter service mode. Dropped the main control and the LED is on steady. Hmm, nothing on the tech sheet about a steady LED. Cycled power to the control and it started to blink happily and the dishwasher started working. Only lasted one load. Ordered a control, didn't find my exact model in the instructions so set the jumpers to the closest match. Everything was working again. In the meantime I found a service manual that said steady or rapidly blinking means bad control. Yay, I guessed right. Problem is it only lasted 10 days. Found a rapidly blinking LED and when I cycled power, it went steady. Why are the control boards going bad? Thanks. 

.The personality programing of the control bord for that model may not be correct Did your original board have jumpers installed in it already that you had noticed or were there none at all ?  if there were none at all installed in the board originally , then just replace the new board with no jumpers as long as it is the correct board for that model.    In the jumpers table  GDF570F has a personality 1 and pins one is the only one jumped in the chart.        GDF570J has personality 10 and pins 2 and 8 are the only ones jumped .   Pin slots go as shown  1,2,4,8   I dont see  a GDF570S like you mentioned on the chart.  It may mean that you dont have jumpers installed in that series not sure.   Are you sure when you checked the original board you took out, that it had jumpers installed already and that if it did, you swapped them over to the correct pins on the new control.  

There were no jumper pins and no jumpers on the original board. I assumed that they were jumpered internally and replacement board has jumper pins so one board can work with different models. I wish whoever writes these instructions would make them understandable. Since J is closer to S than F is, that's the personality I used. It did work for 10 days. So, you're saying since the original board didn't have jumper pins, I should not have any jumped pins on the replacement board?

Hi T goods,  yes I believe that is most likely why you are having the problem you are having . Its possible you gave it a personality it never had.   I had one of those exact same issues before . The little black tabs came in the box in a little clear plastic bag.  the original board had the personality pins on the board but there were no jumpers installed.  So I assumed since I had the new control and the original didn't have jumpers attahed, I put the new control in and it ran fine.  I never heard back from them that there was still an issue..  I did that same repair to 2 dishwashers on that same day in the same complex and no call back .  You have a slightly different model than mine but the same scenario where the original boards had no jumpers installed in them ???       My boxes both came with the personality jumpers in the new boxes with no directions what so ever.  and my model was not on the list either. that I had to dig up and find myself.  I would try it without jumpers and see how it goes. Then run a diagnostics cycle if your model allows it.   come back here and let me know how it works out . So not only do I benefit from that but the community  of techs here as a whole will benefit from your response also.  Good luck 

I'll try to go back tomorrow. They may have already replaced the machine though.

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized I haven't posted a followup. Not much to report, they replaced the dishwasher. I was able to retrieve the control board, filing a warranty with GE today. 

no bother T goods.   Time to put this one in the history books with the other ones and move on. The next one will be that much easier.  Some of the best minds in the world have learned through scenario's exactly like this one.  I can't tell you how many of these scenario's had helped me to know what I know today.   If your not a member of this site. Then join it !   The tech's, the  knowledge, and technical info. you will have access to ,  through a membership with Appliantology .com is priceless.  When I joined 5-6  years ago , it was the best thing I could ever do to advance in my field.  If you already are a member then you know exactly what I mean.   Good luck out there  and thanks for getting back . Getting back every time is essential for good networking with the qualified techs on this site .  I hope to talk in the near future on Appliantology .com