LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool LSR7010PQ0 washer spins intermittently

nachowayne

So the washer has started leaving clothes wet and not spinning when I try high spin part of the cycle again. I have noticed in the past few days that if I spin it by hand a bit and then turn the dial to high spin it will spin. It does agitate fine so I don't think it is the coupler. I believe it is the clutch, but just wanting a bit of confirmation before I buy the part. Also washer is at least 10 years old. Should I go ahead and replace both coupler and clutch while I am making this repair? Coupler is pretty cheap so leaning in this direction. 

Thanks for your time. 

37 minutes ago, nachowayne said:

I believe it is the clutch, but just wanting a bit of confirmation before I buy the part.

Sure sounds like it. 

• Like 1

This washer is very good , when fixed it will be better than almost any new one. Yes on the coupling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evaappliance said:

This washer is very good , when fixed it will be better than almost any new one. Yes on the coupling.

Thanks! I will do both. Already had a no cost repair this past year. Ended up having a piece of neoprene stuck in the pump. I plan on keeping this one until the tires fall off. 

Never seen a clutch wear out...chances are , you will have oil in the clutch band...tip the unit back and look for oil on the inside of the cabinet, about 14 inches up.....If oil is found , you have a leak from the top seal  of the gear box....replace at the same time.....Seal..P/N WP3349985.....Clutch P/N 285785...

• 1 month later...

when ever there is spin issues with models that have this lid switch, I always go to the lid switch first.  Usually the contacts on the switch or the wire connection will be melted or burnt.  Its common for this type of lid switch to create spinning issues intermittently.

makes you wonder what  was the result?? ......What fixed the original complaint??......Inquiring minds what to know....darren412 and I are sitting with baited breath....