Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Sign in to follow this  
Yank2

KFIS20XVWH7

Yank2

Refrigerator not cooling frig or freezer.  Control display blank. No water dispensing. Only interior light works.  How do I diagnose ? Seems like control unit quit. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

Yep more than likely this...

if there is power to this board and all else dead likely the board is bad. Part number: WPW10312695

Part number: WPW10312695

Yank2

That was the problem.  Thanks.

I inspected the board.  There was power in, and I did not find power going out.  I didn’t find the schematic, but, this seemed correct.  Also there was a scorch mark on the board and heat damaged pins on a component.   

I replaced the board and the unit produced operating temperatures  in less than 3 hours.