Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

CluelessCloob

Crosley CW20P6AC washer won't run, just buzzes

CluelessCloob

Disclaimer: We're in a rental with a slightly kooky landlord so I probably shouldn't open this thing up in case he notices. He's overseas and unreachable for the next year and a half so thought I'd try here as my Mom would really like to wash our sheets before we move out 😂

This is the second time the machine has done this, the landlord fixed it last time in around ten minutes but I didn't get to ask what he'd done as I was at school.

Trying to start the machine results in a horrendous electrical sounding buzz from the back of the washer. The electrical outlet for it is shared with the (still working) dryer which appears to be the same age. I tried switching plugs but got the same buzz. I've also reset the breaker to no avail.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

MrApplianceMatt
Posted (edited)

Does it fill with water? What do you mean when you say back of the washer? The buzzing sound could be coming from a faulty water inlet valve as they are just electromagnetic solenoids mounted to the inside of the rear wall on the right hand side.

Edited by MrApplianceMatt