LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

lg front loader won't drain

bensw

Hello all.  new guy here. I have an LG front loader 2701h that won't drain during a normal cycle. Stops with an OE code. Self diagnostics show no irregularity. It will drain and spin after the OE code if I restart and choose high spin or rinse and spin. I have taken the pump apart (twice) , nothing in the filter , motor coils register 15 ohms, and runs with external 120 V even with a drag (plastic rod) on the impeller, removed and replaced hose from drum and  level sensor, looked in the outer basket as well as I can with an "endoscope", blew out the drain hose. The control board displays a red light under power which I understand would not if the board were bad. Something that might be diagnostic to someone is that when I put it into high spin to drain, I can hear what I take to be the pump running but the machine tries for several minutes, stops , tries again, stops then on the third try pumps a strong stream and does remove all of the water.

I would still consider the drain pump suspect.  I had a Maytag Maxima a couple of weeks ago that vexed me for about a week and it ended up being an intermittently failing drain pump that only failed near the end of my 3rd visit in about a week.  Never failed in diagnostics until then and cleared the tub in under 3 minutes each time. Initial call pulled three codes; water level system error, oversudsing, and long drain. Pump was clear, cleared pressure chamber and tube, changed the water level sensor. Machine ran for 2 days before failing again. Changed ACU. Machine ran 2 or 3 more days before failing again. Same error both times, long drain. reinstalled original ACU and changed the drain pump. Haven't heard from them in 3 weeks.

• Like 2

+1 for drain pump. Sometimes the impeller will spin on the shaft under load causing slow drain errors.

• Like 2

Thank you Mr appliance Mat and Vance R.  I have, since I posted, noticed a noise from the pump that sounded like there might have been an object in the pump (there wasn't). I am grateful to you especially as I am losing credibility around here as being able to fix anything. I will get the pump and post the results. Thank you again

Just a note here for MrApplianceMat and Vance R.  Replaced the pump and all is well.  My credibility (at least in this house) is restored. Thank you