LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool GEW9200LW1 Dryer will not start

Dryer will not startWhirpool GEW920

Dryer When I try to start, sensing light comes on, is beeps in the back area. But will not start.

9 hours ago, Dryer will not startWhirpool GEW920 said:

Dryer When I try to start, sensing light comes on, is beeps in the back area. But will not start.

Does light come on when door is open(checking door switch)

Does drum turn easily? Broken belt causing belt switch to be open?

could be anything 

Light comes on I will check the drum now- thank you!

I'd pop the lid and see if the belt was broken. Sounds like an interlock switch.

9 hours ago, Dryer will not startWhirpool GEW920 said:

The drum turns.

Easily or is there resistance 

9 minutes ago, moish said:

Did you check the centrifugal switch on motor?

I'd check that on a no-heat call if all else was confirmed good, but that shouldn't affect whether the dryer motor starts. Usually the centrifugal switch function is dependent on the motor turning or not, not the other way around.

My plan of attack on this dryer would be

1. check for proper voltage to dryer

2. take off top lid and see if belt is broken

3. check door switch and belt break switch operation

4. look for burnt solder joint on main control board 

• Like 1

After looking at the wiring diagram I would also check the thermal fuse mounted on the blower housing. Looking for anything to disrupt proper voltage getting to the load of interest... the motor