Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE - Fan of Board ?

Als repair

Als repair

I am working on a G.E. CFE29TSDBSS.

Refrigeration works fine. Bottom freezes great.  It is maintaing 63 degrees in top box, set temp is 37. I unpluged it for 48 hours. Did 00 48  test and last two numbers keep changing. Did 00 47 and keep getting (0). Any  advice available? Am I even doing the right test. If my problem is a fan, where is the fan. The fan in back of the bottom drawer works fine. Could this be a damper problem?  Thanks for any advice. 

According to the diagram on Sears, there is an Evaporator motor in the cooling tower in the refrigerator at the bottom right above the evaporator. Typically accessing this requires removal of all the shelves and then the evaporator cover. This will give you access to the evaporator fan for testing. I don't know if this unit's fan operates on the door switch, so make sure to cheat the door switch when checking for fan operation if you don't activate it through diagnostics. Accessing the evaporator will also allow you to examine the frost pattern on the evaporator or see if the evaporator is a block of ice. If the fan isn't running or the defrost isn't working and air cannot be drawn over the evaporator the the compartment will get warm even if the compressor is running properly. https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model/3cvocsuamw-000432/ge-cfe29tsdbss-bottom-mount-refrigerators-parts

Edited by MrApplianceMatt

Als repair

Hello Mr. Appliance Matt

Thankyou so much. The fan was simply rusted and after manually spinning it and adding CRC, its working fine and quiet. Looking in the sears site. It is listed as no longer available. This unit is only 4 years old so I called my distributor and ordered a new one for possible future use. My normal job is commercial refrigeration, thanks again for your generous helpful input. Alan 

Be careful I had one last week fan wasn’t running. It was getting power. I replace fan get call back, same deal warm in FF section. 

Pull evaporator cover and see partial frost pattern. 

I will always check temp of condenser in the future on these even if fan seems to have failed. 

You guys are aware of the problem G.E. had with this issue right? The service bulletin called for not only replacing the fan but also updating the software via a sum board.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:53 AM, Dunamis said:

You guys are aware of the problem G.E. had with this issue right? The service bulletin called for not only replacing the fan but also updating the software via a sum board.

Nope bulletin updated

Repair: Replace the fresh food evaporator fan with part WR60X29099. The new fan is a direct replacement for the original and does not require software to be updated (updating the software with NewFI or with a SUM is no longer required for this repair). When the original fan part number is ordered it will supersede to the new part number (WR60X29099).

• Like 1