Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Joeg_72

Samsung rgs309aars refrigerator temp calibration

Joeg_72

My samsung fridge temp is off by about 10 degrees. Is there a way to do a temp offset or go into diagnostic mode?  This is a touchscreen model.  The fridge and freezer cool fine. I have replaced the temp sensor and cleaned the coils, but the temp is still about 10 degrees warmer than the setting.  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

There are several sensors but I can’t help you because I don’t find the model number anywhere. 

Vance R

Can't find model number also. Has it always been off by 10 degrees?

Joeg_72

Sorry folks i transposed letters it is an rSg309wars not rGs.  Milk started to go bad after a few days so I checked the temps and it is 10 degrees warmer in the fridge only.  Th freezer is dead on.  

Joeg_72

Ugh Auto correct got me RSG309AARS.  Sorry

16345Ed

Other sensor locations any bad sensor can cause trouble there is also one in the ice maker the needs checked. 

9312ECF0-53AA-45A8-822F-BFDB7EDAAA99.jpeg

E8D2DD79-41AF-4BF0-BCB9-6C3725D68AA5.jpeg

Joeg_72

Thanks, any idea how to get into diagnostics?

16345Ed

Yes, but it may be time to call a professional. There is no “adjustment”

as you are looking for. 

Joeg_72

Sorry folks i transposed letters it is an rSg309wars not rGs.  Milk started to go bad after a few days so I checked the temps and it is 10 degrees warmer in the fridge only.  Th freezer is dead on.  G

For those interested, this can be changed in diagnostic mode, and there is an offset for both the fridge and freezer.  For details you can get the service manual for this and other models at servicemanuals.net. It was very helpful and I am testing now.

16345Ed

RSG307 and RSG30G Adjust up to 7 degrees. 309 no mention of adjustments. 

You are off 10 degrees your issue needs more than just a temp adjustment.

• Like 1

Vance R

If i'm reading correctly, things have changed. Adjusting usually does not help. Time to check thermistor voltages and compare to actual temps.  Check all the thermistor voltages, since you already checking a few more measurements are easy. When replacing thermistors check for corrosion or ice buildup at connections. Nice thing about Samsung is their thermistors all have same specs, they just change lead length and/or connectors. 

Joeg_72

309 adjusts 7 degrees as well. Will run overnight to validate.  Vance, thanks for the idea, will check the thermistor voltages, next.