LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

How to disassemble FFAD7033R1 dehumidifier?

Al_in_NY

I am yet another person with a Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 dehumidifier displaying the F0 error code. I would like to remove the rear cover and try cleaning the temperature sensor. I removed the side screws and back screws, including the two behind the filter. When I pull on the rear cover the sides and bottom are loose but the top edge seems stuck under the top cover. I tried pulling out and down but the rear cover is held firmly at the top. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ixnak

• Al_in_NY

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

did you ever make progress on this? I’m having the same problem. My model is similar, though not exactly the same FFAD5033W1, and it sounds like I have the exact same difficulty opening it. It’s loose at the bottom, but I cannot figure out how to separate it and it feels like the plastic will break with too much force. I’ve tried twisting and putting force in all directions, but no luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I did figure this out for model FFAD5033W1, btw, after removing the filter, bucket, and the exterior screws: The front piece with the Frigidaire logo needs to come *straight* down. It takes a good amount of force. In fact I wasn't able to get it by pulling straight down as hard as I could alone. I had to pull with one hand and whack on the top of the plastic with a fist at the same time. That seemed to do the trick, but it was still a pretty tough action. Trying to remove the side pieces first by prying them outward will result in some broken plastic tabs.