LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kitchenaid 48” built in not cooling

Brando

M#KSSO48FTX00

Kitchenaid refrigerator with the main board issues. Had main board rebuilt after unit quit cooling by Circuit Medics. 

Compressor was cycling off and on, control panel fading in and out etc...I could see the bulging capacitor and burned relay.

Installed new board and no power to condenser fan or evaporator fan and compressor not starting up. Not even trying.

120v to inverter but no 4-6 vdc control voltage to inverter. 

Worst part is I have no schematic and can’t find one. 

Can someone locate the schematic or the job aid for this unit?

The home is remote and I don’t want to return with out the proper information. 

Im suspecting the on/off switch now that I’m home and thinking  about it. I should have tested it directly I guess. 

Unless I have a bad board I’m missing something.

Thank you for any help.

Tech documents for paid member professional technicians only. 

Sure sounds like you need to go back to circuit medics. Sounds like bad board still. 

• Like 1

If you’re in the biz, you need this site. Join up. That being said, I’ve done enough of those KA built-in’s to know it’s likely another component failure has taken out the board. Replacing the board was only half of the fix. Try pulling the P-7 connector on the board (includes evap fan motor). Does the display calm down, lights come back on? Then you’ll need to replace evap fan motor too :) Hope this helps.

• Like 2