Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Speed Queen Commercial LWNA11SP111TW01

TMG

I have bought a Commercial Speed Queen  washing machine and I am in need of some help. This commercial washer is manufactured my Alliance Laundry Systems. It is an HE or high efficiency machine. This machine will not fill with hot water for more than 60 seconds then it switches to cold water. I have read and researched everywhere and found out that apparently it’s supposed to do this due to the he design. However, my water heater is so far away from the laundry room that it barely puts any hot water in the tub. Also, the normal cycle time is very short. It will only agitate for about 15 minutes before pumping out and doing its spin rinse cycle then spin and shut down. There is not a longer or heavy duty cycle to select on this machine. I am a rather tech savvy person and I took the control panel apart to look inside. There is one small control board inside. It has a part number on it of 202320. It is manufactured by matrix it is an MTX-M2 board part E196960. There are 8 dip switches on it for configuration. I have searched and searched to try and find out what they do or what they can do. All I can find is what the first two switches do in a operation manual from alliance and they do nothing programming wise. I need some insider help here. If anyone can help please please help! Thank you in advance for anything you can come up with. 

Mike

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• evaappliance

• TMG

• ReStoreAppTech

• Richard  B Keith

hey tmg , i am more of a home speed queen tech, but i deal with small chassis commercial speed queen a little too. i'm not to sure about this being a HE machine. 15 min. with a full tub of water and traditional agitator is normal as far as i know .   what I've been trying to figure out is one of speed queens signature features is 100% hot water when it is set to hot. the only cycle that this is not true on is the normal eco cycle. this is the government mandated cycle that will not use as much water and do what you are describing with the hot water.   use the heavy duty cycle for normal washing, or it may be worded HEAVY SOIL .   sorry if this isn't much help 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello evaappliance

Thank you for the reply! The normal cycle is the heaviest setting on this machine. There is no ECO setting either... I have searched everywhere trying to figure out what the DIP switches do on this control board. They HAVE to have some type of configuration purpose whether related to what I am trying to do or not, they have to have a purpose! If alliance was only going to use two DIP switches out of the 8 then they wouldn't have a board made for their machines with 8 of them on it. Everything costs something...... I just need someone with some connections to make a phone call to figure what they do and how to do it... This is just crazy that they think a minute of hot water would even make a difference on a full tub of cold water!!!

i couldn't find the info where they said it would be, sorry !    this was all i can find , there is a lot of stuff that is not updated to the new models yet

i just can't believe they would cut the hot water like that . full hot water is one of the signature speed queen features  , i'm going to check the equivalent machine in home laundry ( tc5000 )  and see if it does like yours. if so i will have to quit telling my customers that it is a full hot fill 😞

I purchased from alliance all the time for my customers 4 speed Queen washer and dryer sets and they have never had this type of tissue where it's doing it only for 60 seconds and then shutting itself down tell me what it sounds like is a thermistor issue possibly. Or temperature sensing issue with in the washing machine. 202320P is the correct part number of board. Looking Thor schematic information to share with you I will share the website address if I find it.

i hope it is just that one machine,   i was buying the lwn432sp machine with the mechanical timer  for my customers till the tc5000 came out a couple of months ago .  i will definitely get my tc5000 test machine back here to the shop and see if it does it ,   i will also share any  info i can find .  

I purchased from alliance all the time for my customers 4 speed Queen washer and dryer sets and they have never had this type of tissue where it's doing it only for 60 seconds and then shutting itself down tell me what it sounds like is a thermistor issue possibly. Or temperature sensing issue with in the washing machine. 202320P is the correct part number of board. Looking for schematic information to share with you I will share the website address if I find it.

i don't think any of these that i sell has a temp sensor ,  but i will be checking for sure   

evaappliance, Thank you for searching so hard for me. I cannot access the links you posted. They require an alliance login. 

ReStoreAppTech, thanks for your help as well. As far as I can tell there is not a water temp thermistor on this machine that I can find.... I have read and read online and I think that this machine is just like a coin operated machine but with a push button start instead of the coin handler. It says commercial on it and I believe it is an "on-premises laundry" machine. 

My cycle selector only has 6 positions, OFF, Normal, Perm. Press, Delicate, Rinse & Spin, Spin Only. None of which will fill with hot water for more than 60 seconds nor will they do a fill and rinse cycle. To do a true fill and rinse cycle you have to select rinse & spin cycle after any one of the other cycles completes. All the built in rinse cycles on this machine are a spray while spinning rinse, which consists of about 3 sprays of cold water while in the "rinse indicator" part of the cycle status.

Sorry guys, I really thought this one would be a keeper. I was really hoping that those DIP switches could alter the hot water fill limit and the rinse cycle. Sigh.... At this point I am torn to just put it back up for sale...

Richard  B Keith
On 5/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, TMG said:

I have bought a Commercial Speed Queen  washing machine and I am in need of some help. This commercial washer is manufactured my Alliance Laundry Systems. It is an HE or high efficiency machine. This machine will not fill with hot water for more than 60 seconds then it switches to cold water. I have read and researched everywhere and found out that apparently it’s supposed to do this due to the he design. However, my water heater is so far away from the laundry room that it barely puts any hot water in the tub. Also, the normal cycle time is very short. It will only agitate for about 15 minutes before pumping out and doing its spin rinse cycle then spin and shut down. There is not a longer or heavy duty cycle to select on this machine. I am a rather tech savvy person and I took the control panel apart to look inside. There is one small control board inside. It has a part number on it of 202320. It is manufactured by matrix it is an MTX-M2 board part E196960. There are 8 dip switches on it for configuration. I have searched and searched to try and find out what they do or what they can do. All I can find is what the first two switches do in a operation manual from alliance and they do nothing programming wise. I need some insider help here. If anyone can help please please help! Thank you in advance for anything you can come up with. 

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I ran across another machine just like mine except it has the timer controls instead of the logic board on it. It is not at High Efficiency model. It is very beat up and leaks from the tub agitator seal pretty good. So I made a Frankenmachine, as I like to call it... I took the control panels off of each machine and swapped them. Now I have a great working machine heavy duty machine for myself...

Big thanks to all that have responded. 👍

Glad you have found a solution that works for you.

FWIW: I purchased one of the new TC5000WN models less than two weeks ago and have found that in ECO/Normal mode with hot water selected, it will fill with hot water for about 20 seconds than switch over to cold water for the rest of the fill. So if I want to use hot water for washing a couple of towels, I have to use any of the cycles other than ECO/Normal (thereby filling the wash tub with more water than needed) as those cycles will adhere to the selection of hot water.