Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

TMG

Speed Queen Commercial LWNA11SP111TW01

TMG

I have bought a Commercial Speed Queen  washing machine and I am in need of some help. This commercial washer is manufactured my Alliance Laundry Systems. It is an HE or high efficiency machine. This machine will not fill with hot water for more than 60 seconds then it switches to cold water. I have read and researched everywhere and found out that apparently it’s supposed to do this due to the he design. However, my water heater is so far away from the laundry room that it barely puts any hot water in the tub. Also, the normal cycle time is very short. It will only agitate for about 15 minutes before pumping out and doing its spin rinse cycle then spin and shut down. There is not a longer or heavy duty cycle to select on this machine. I am a rather tech savvy person and I took the control panel apart to look inside. There is one small control board inside. It has a part number on it of 202320. It is manufactured by matrix it is an MTX-M2 board part E196960. There are 8 dip switches on it for configuration. I have searched and searched to try and find out what they do or what they can do. All I can find is what the first two switches do in a operation manual from alliance and they do nothing programming wise. I need some insider help here. If anyone can help please please help! Thank you in advance for anything you can come up with. 

Mike

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

evaappliance

hey tmg , i am more of a home speed queen tech, but i deal with small chassis commercial speed queen a little too. i'm not to sure about this being a HE machine. 15 min. with a full tub of water and traditional agitator is normal as far as i know .   what I've been trying to figure out is one of speed queens signature features is 100% hot water when it is set to hot. the only cycle that this is not true on is the normal eco cycle. this is the government mandated cycle that will not use as much water and do what you are describing with the hot water.   use the heavy duty cycle for normal washing, or it may be worded HEAVY SOIL .   sorry if this isn't much help 

TMG

Hello evaappliance

Thank you for the reply! The normal cycle is the heaviest setting on this machine. There is no ECO setting either... I have searched everywhere trying to figure out what the DIP switches do on this control board. They HAVE to have some type of configuration purpose whether related to what I am trying to do or not, they have to have a purpose! If alliance was only going to use two DIP switches out of the 8 then they wouldn't have a board made for their machines with 8 of them on it. Everything costs something...... I just need someone with some connections to make a phone call to figure what they do and how to do it... This is just crazy that they think a minute of hot water would even make a difference on a full tub of cold water!!!

evaappliance

evaappliance

i couldn't find the info where they said it would be, sorry !    this was all i can find , there is a lot of stuff that is not updated to the new models yet

evaappliance

i just can't believe they would cut the hot water like that . full hot water is one of the signature speed queen features  , i'm going to check the equivalent machine in home laundry ( tc5000 )  and see if it does like yours. if so i will have to quit telling my customers that it is a full hot fill 😞

ReStoreAppTech

I purchased from alliance all the time for my customers 4 speed Queen washer and dryer sets and they have never had this type of tissue where it's doing it only for 60 seconds and then shutting itself down tell me what it sounds like is a thermistor issue possibly. Or temperature sensing issue with in the washing machine. 202320P is the correct part number of board. Looking Thor schematic information to share with you I will share the website address if I find it.

evaappliance

i hope it is just that one machine,   i was buying the lwn432sp machine with the mechanical timer  for my customers till the tc5000 came out a couple of months ago .  i will definitely get my tc5000 test machine back here to the shop and see if it does it ,   i will also share any  info i can find .  

ReStoreAppTech

I purchased from alliance all the time for my customers 4 speed Queen washer and dryer sets and they have never had this type of tissue where it's doing it only for 60 seconds and then shutting itself down tell me what it sounds like is a thermistor issue possibly. Or temperature sensing issue with in the washing machine. 202320P is the correct part number of board. Looking for schematic information to share with you I will share the website address if I find it.

ReStoreAppTech

The LWNB has an actual temp control sensor along with the switch.

evaappliance

i don't think any of these that i sell has a temp sensor ,  but i will be checking for sure   

TMG

evaappliance, Thank you for searching so hard for me. I cannot access the links you posted. They require an alliance login. 

ReStoreAppTech, thanks for your help as well. As far as I can tell there is not a water temp thermistor on this machine that I can find.... I have read and read online and I think that this machine is just like a coin operated machine but with a push button start instead of the coin handler. It says commercial on it and I believe it is an "on-premises laundry" machine. 

My cycle selector only has 6 positions, OFF, Normal, Perm. Press, Delicate, Rinse & Spin, Spin Only. None of which will fill with hot water for more than 60 seconds nor will they do a fill and rinse cycle. To do a true fill and rinse cycle you have to select rinse & spin cycle after any one of the other cycles completes. All the built in rinse cycles on this machine are a spray while spinning rinse, which consists of about 3 sprays of cold water while in the "rinse indicator" part of the cycle status.

Sorry guys, I really thought this one would be a keeper. I was really hoping that those DIP switches could alter the hot water fill limit and the rinse cycle. Sigh.... At this point I am torn to just put it back up for sale...

Richard  B Keith
On 5/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, TMG said:

I have bought a Commercial Speed Queen  washing machine and I am in need of some help. This commercial washer is manufactured my Alliance Laundry Systems. It is an HE or high efficiency machine. This machine will not fill with hot water for more than 60 seconds then it switches to cold water. I have read and researched everywhere and found out that apparently it’s supposed to do this due to the he design. However, my water heater is so far away from the laundry room that it barely puts any hot water in the tub. Also, the normal cycle time is very short. It will only agitate for about 15 minutes before pumping out and doing its spin rinse cycle then spin and shut down. There is not a longer or heavy duty cycle to select on this machine. I am a rather tech savvy person and I took the control panel apart to look inside. There is one small control board inside. It has a part number on it of 202320. It is manufactured by matrix it is an MTX-M2 board part E196960. There are 8 dip switches on it for configuration. I have searched and searched to try and find out what they do or what they can do. All I can find is what the first two switches do in a operation manual from alliance and they do nothing programming wise. I need some insider help here. If anyone can help please please help! Thank you in advance for anything you can come up with. 

Mike

evaappliance

tmg , watch this video .      

evaappliance

It is belt driven