LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

whirlpool wfw70hebw1 water level low

Wipperator

Wipperator

long time follower... have the afformentioned front load Duet washer, picked up for cheap. only fills to bottom of drum, no water visible in bottom of drum. it has no tech sheet, but no water level codes either. level sensor has been replaced with no joy.... works just fine otherwise. no blockage of sensor tube either. no tech sheet as someone before me absconded with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Wipperator said:

long time follower... have the afformentioned front load Duet washer, picked up for cheap. only fills to bottom of drum, no water visible in bottom of drum. it has no tech sheet, but no water level codes either. level sensor has been replaced with no joy.... works just fine otherwise. no blockage of sensor tube either. no tech sheet as someone before me absconded with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Have you checked/cleaned inlet valve filters?

Wipperator

yes, water flow is good when the valves are open. It just does not fill with enough water. I am wondering if there is a way to set the water level higher. As I said I don't have the tech sheet. 

try cycle other then normal like heavy duty, these machines only fill enough to wet the clothes in was, rinse will have more 

No adjustments available (Normal water level is only 2.5" to 5" [63.5 mm to 127 mm] inside tub.)

Wipperator

Water goes in and stops after a bit. when washing there is no water visible in the bottom of the tub. I ran it with the door open to observe this. I always thought you would have a few inches of water in the tub.

Any chance the unit is siphoning? Check that the drain hose isn't inserted more than 6" into the drain standpipe, and that it isn't sealed. If the end of the drain hose is below the water line in the standpipe, or is taped or otherwise sealed to the standpipe, any incoming water will siphon right back out the drain hose.

• Like 1

Any error codes, have you tried to wash a load, unit is probably working properly,Ike I said try heavy duty or rinse and spin you will see more water