Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
humble_one

Kenmore 106.626636 ice maker troubles

6 posts in this topic

The ice maker in my Kenmore model 106.626636 quit producing ice the other day.  After reading previous on this subject here is what I found.  Ice trays did not fill with water.  However, when I jumped the V and L the ice tray filled fine.  It only fills when I jump V and L.  Should I replace the ice maker control module or is it something else..  Your site is a wealth of information.  Keep up the nice work.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I did jump  T and H and it does compelete a harvest cycle. Now what can I try?

When you jumped T to H did it fill with water before it went into the stall position to freeze the water for the next harvest cycle, or did it complete the cycle with no water entering.

When I jumped T & H it complete a whole cycle.  No water dispensed. Then I jump T & H again.  This time as it was going through its cycle I jumped V & L.  After it completed its cycle water then fill the tray.

If you jump T and H, the ice maker goes thru the cycle and no water enters, and you know the water valve is good, sounds like your ice maker is not giving power to the valve during the harvest cycle and the ice maker head is defective.  If the ice mold is yucky I would replace the whole ice maker.