LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Need exact manual

allen63

Manufacturer: Maytag
Type of Appliance: Top load washer
Model Number: Mvwb835dw1
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): Yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): Yes

Need exact service manual for model number MVWB835dw1.  This is the new bravo XL Maytag Toploader washer .  I tried the Cabrio service manual 2014 and the diagnostic was to press three buttons three times within eight seconds and it’s not going into diagnostic mode .  Seeing somebody else on the post trying this method and did not work either.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allen63

• Son of Samurai

• Captain Dunsel

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

This is the tech sheet that Whirlpool says applies to your exact model. See if it's what you need:

Within 8 seconds,

Press and Release the 1st selected button, Press and Release the 2nd selected button, Press and Release the 3rd selected button; Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.3. If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console

will be illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” showing in the three-digit display and a tone will sound. If there are no saved fault codes, the seven segment display will come back on and display “888”. Upon entry to Service Diagnostic mode, all cycles and options reset to factory default. In the tech sheet!

Yes, I tried that diagnostic dance pattern and it’s not working.  I guess that has to be main control board then because it’s not going to diagnostic mode.  Thanks 

Just wanted to give an update. I think the main reason why it wasn’t spinning intermittently was because there was a lot of coins in between the wash plate and the inner tub.  I did replace the main control board because I couldn’t get the original main control board in diagnostic mode.  The second time trying to get  the new board into diagnostic mode what’s not so easy .  Instead of hitting 3 selected buttons 3 times in eight seconds I had to do it about five times in 8 seconds.