Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Tryin

Kenmore dishwasher 66531849k603

Tryin

Hello, kenmore dishwasher that doesn’t light up or turn on.

I checked continuity of the thermal fuse, it’s good.  I checked the continuity of the door latch, good.  Also the door seems to be working perfectly.

To see if the problem was with the touch buttons or the main circuit board I disconnected the power source unplugged the ribbon wire for the touch panel from the circuit board and turned the power back on and closed the door.  Dishwasher ran a drain cycle.  So I am assuming my problem is the touchpad control panel?

i would like to know if it sounds like I’ve done the right thing here, also if it is the touchpad/control panel where is a reputable place to buy parts from shipping to Canada?

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Vance R

Believe that is the correct test to see if you have a module problem or key pad problem.  You came to the correct conclusion.

ApplianceLearner

I agree with Vance, the touch panel is probably bad.  sometimes they will put too much of a load on the dc power supply which feeds the touch panel and load it down so it appears you have no power.

• Like 1